forum

I panic when at streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuri-Kouhai
Hello.
I have an issue with some of the AR9 maps that have small streams er.... that require alot of tapping?
My single tap isn't fast enough for the streams .... so I end up panic double tapping ;_; does anyone else have this issue or... have any advice on what I should do?
Xyrax Alaria
Just take a deep breath, and try to stay calm. Your are not supposed to single tap streams. It just isn't physically possible. Start with a bit slower streams and try to stay on time with them. Doing streams that you can't read and just end up smashing your keyboard isn't going to get you anywhere fast.

tl;dr start slower, take it slow, stay calm, try to stay on time.

Practice.
KinkiN
many people said that drinking coffee may calm you down. never tried it because i don't like coffee in general

better you post this in Gameplay & Ranking SF later on when you have questions like this ^^
Topic Starter
Yuri-Kouhai

Xyrax Alaria wrote:

Just take a deep breath, and try to stay calm. Your are not supposed to single tap streams. It just isn't physically possible. Start with a bit slower streams and try to stay on time with them. Doing streams that you can't read and just end up smashing your keyboard isn't going to get you anywhere fast.

tl;dr start slower, take it slow, stay calm, try to stay on time.

Practice.
Ah, thanks... I'll just do some slower maps and see if I can get it down, do you have anything in mind or should I half time the ones I'm doing now?

Yuzuru wrote:

many people said that drinking coffee may calm you down. never tried it because i don't like coffee in general

better you post this in Gameplay & Ranking SF later on when you have questions like this ^^
I like coffee so I'll give it a try, and sorry about posting it in the wrong place @_@ It's my first post here and I was looking about and this seemed like the best one, thanks. :oops:
DeletedUser_4041880

Xyrax Alaria wrote:

You can single tap certian types of streams

Yuzuru wrote:

If that was true, I wouldn't be sitting at almost 800 PP aftter 4 months.
KinkiN

Frostei wrote:

it's technically proved. coffee is there to calm your nerve as a stimulant. just never test it
DeletedUser_4041880

Yuzuru wrote:

it's technically proved. coffee is there to calm your nerve as a stimulant. just never test it
Drinking coffee everyday isn't exactly good for your health (I probably drink like 5+ cups of it a day). It'd probably be better to drink something like tea rather than coffee to calm you down.
Arcanine
You're supposed to alternate on streams that you think are too fast for single tapping.
Ninonuko
Single tap stream is still possible in this map http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=123417&m=3
Always make sure when the stream start and flow with the song
If you're not tap fast enough, try to be more focus (it works for me)
InControL_old
Force yourself to play maps that require a lot of double tapping :)
deletemyaccount
My general advice for streams is to play maps with slow triples. Streams are essentially extended triples, so once you can fc triples consistently then move onto to streams. Keep in mind to practice SLOW streams, and move up when you get better.

Once you are actually capable of doing higher bpm streams, you won't panic.
nooblet
Why single tap when you can just alternate mash everything
TheVileOne
Stimulants don't calm you down... Depressants do.
nooblet
After seeing this ...

TheVileOne wrote:

Stimulants don't calm you down... Depressants do.
I saw this ...

Yuzuru wrote:

and lol'd.

Here, have a look and do some reading on Stimulants and Caffeine, then prove it technically again.
iderekmc

Yuzuru wrote:

Frostei wrote:

o thought caffeine made you more nervous (and im sure) xD
Blueprint
Rampax

Yuri-Kouhai wrote:

Hello.
I have an issue with some of the AR9 maps that have small streams er.... that require alot of tapping?
My single tap isn't fast enough for the streams .... so I end up panic double tapping ;_; does anyone else have this issue or... have any advice on what I should do?
Errr i tend to do tis 2 months ago now my middle finger is faster compared to my index finger .while streaming it gets a bit awkward and can make u stutter. Now im trying to train my index finger on singletaps to balance both of my fingers speed kinda like alternating.
Cocaine dog
I don't know why I just got a picture in my head reading this title and it made me laugh so hard.. I should go to bed
B1rd

Frostei wrote:

Yuzuru wrote:

Drinking coffee everyday isn't exactly good for your health (I probably drink like 5+ cups of it a day). It'd probably be better to drink something like tea rather than coffee to calm you down.
I've done some research on this, as far as I can see there is no negative effects to drinking a lot of coffee, it's actually health since has antioxidants and stuff. Of course it's not healthy if you have sugar/cream with it.
Full Tablet

B1rd wrote:

I've done some research on this, as far as I can see there is no negative effects to drinking a lot of coffee, it's actually health since has antioxidants and stuff. Of course it's not healthy if you have sugar/cream with it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffe#Health_risks
B1rd

Full Tablet wrote:

B1rd wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffe#Health_risks
huh, the wiki page has been edited since I last read it.

but still, it seems coffee is a lot more benificial for your health than the few listed health risks.