forum

Problem with a low AR

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tamako Lumisade
Hi, guys.

I don't have any troble with AR9 and AR10, but things start to get crazy, when I have to play AR8 and lower. I tried to spam EZ mod, but it's really pointless. I just miss notes, skip them and my reading skills mess up. How to deal with it, if a practice doesn't really help me?
Lorenzo
Try playing with the Relax and Autopilot mods for a bit. That might help.
KagamiHRS
If you don know already, EZ mod actually decrease AR even further. If circle size isn't your issue, use HR mod instead.
nooblet
Means you're not reading well enough. Listen to the music, wait for the correct time to hit the circle. AR 8 shouldn't be causing such a big problem tbh, there are loads of AR 8 songs out there.
YukinoDesuDesu
If practice doesn't work? practice more?! just play low ar stuff till you can play low ar stuff simple as that.
Bauxe
If AR is 8 or less, just use HR or DT. Problem solved.
brendanuhs
Play AR 8. Not AR 4. Work down.
xasuma

Bauxe wrote:

That will help avoid the issue,not solve it. Lol

But if u really want to dominate low ar, play it a lot.. there is not much to it
GhostFrog
Playing EZ mod will help you a lot at reading AR8 and below (I've also found that playing a lot of EZ makes me play AR10.3 better, but I absolutely suck at 10.3, so take that with a grain of salt), but you have to play things you can actually kinda read. Choose with some bpm (start LOW because even a small increase in object density can be a big deal for a lot of patterns) and play EZ mod on a bunch of maps with that bpm. If you can't consistently pass with a decent B, you probably chose too high of a bpm. When you're comfortable with that, increase the bpm by 5-10 and repeat.

...or you can just play a lot of stuff AR8 and below until you're better at it, but I really enjoy EZ mod, so I'm biased.
tecu
Does anyone else go into this stare at approach circles mode and become completely unable to play normally when playing low AR or is it just me?
Bauxe

xasuma wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

But if u really want to dominate low ar, play it a lot.. there is not much to it
But what use is there in being able to read low AR? Unless of course you aspire to be an EZ player.
Ichi
Well some people, pro players also, say that dominating low ar helps you get a better understanding of the game and it will indirectly make you better at higher Ars too, since you learn to follow the rhytm a lot better and to read notes correctly instead of just reacting to them. But there's many opinions about this, some may say it's pointless some not.. I'm still deciding if I should invest some of my time in learning easy mod and ar 6 /7
Rewben2

Bauxe wrote:

xasuma wrote:

But what use is there in being able to read low AR? Unless of course you aspire to be an EZ player.
This. The only time you would have to play a lower AR was if it was part of a tournament like the OWC where there are ar8 maps, I don't think there was anything lower last year though. Learning below that is ultimately useless and you'll almost never use it unless you're an EZ player of course.

Ichi wrote:

Well some people, pro players also, say that dominating low ar helps you get a better understanding of the game and it will indirectly make you better at higher Ars too, since you learn to follow the rhytm a lot better and to read notes correctly instead of just reacting to them. But there's many opinions about this, some may say it's pointless some not.. I'm still deciding if I should invest some of my time in learning easy mod and ar 6 /7
I've never heard a "pro" player say this. The only case I know of it was when Happystick played EZ for a short while back to help his reading (I think that was why anyways).
winber1
If you can be exactly on beat on EZ mode, technically it does get you to learn to follow the music more rather than seeing approach circles, but it is extremely hard to tell how accurate you are since the accuracy you need on EZ is excruciatingly low. EZ just makes you panic and you end up going ahead or after the beat. I just use it to be a troll and have fun.

And it won't help you read high AR. at all. If anything, playing high AR maps will help 14891129871x more, maybe even 14891129872x more.
Topic Starter
Tamako Lumisade
When I overdosed HR, I couldn't even play AR9, cause I couldn't read it properly.
Strange.
It dissapeared, when I stopped spamming HR. But I enjoyed it anyways.
Purple
Knowing low AR should help with some high density, high BPM maps like Banned Forever.. and I think it should be helpful for reading circles individually at all times (i.e. after many retries) which is always a good thing.
nooblet

winber1 wrote:

If you can be exactly on beat on EZ mode, technically it does get you to learn to follow the music more rather than seeing approach circles, but it is extremely hard to tell how accurate you are since the accuracy you need on EZ is excruciatingly low. EZ just makes you panic and you end up going ahead or after the beat. I just use it to be a troll and have fun.
Unless you're the preserved vegetable king.

Also known as MillhioreF.