forum

Enable customization of the order of difficulties [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
There are a few maps that, because of the bizarre star rating system, have the Insane difficulties marked as easier than the Hard difficulties, and thus the difficulties appear out of order. Since peppy stated that the star rating system won't be revised until someone suggests an alternate calculation method, I think we should be either be able to change the order of the difficulties ourselves.
anonymous_old
... And so what if they're out of order? =S
Xgor
SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT!.....

.....um there is some maps i have where it could be very useful with this
Gabi
the only thing i support is putting the map with highest score at the bottom cause they usually end up being the hardest. that is all i find necessary
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

the only thing i support is putting the map with highest score at the bottom cause they usually end up being the hardest. that is all i find necessary
That sounds like a good idea.
Topic Starter
0_o

Gabi wrote:

This would work too ^_^
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi

Derekku Chan wrote:

Basically: Sorting the difficulties by score instead of star rating?
im not sure what peppy thinks of that idea, however atleast make the priority like this

sort by star rating, sort by score, sort by alphabetic (sp?) instead of sort by star rating, sort by alphabetic. (hopefully you get what i mean)

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8593 here is an example where the extra stage should be at the bottom since it is the hardest and gives most score, however the lunatic is at the bottom cause E comes before L
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku

Gabi wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Basically: Sorting the difficulties by score instead of star rating?
im not sure what peppy thinks of that idea, however atleast make the priority like this

sort by star rating, sort by score, sort by alphabetic (sp?) instead of sort by star rating, sort by alphabetic. (hopefully you get what i mean)

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8593 here is an example where the extra stage should be at the bottom since it is the hardest and gives most score, however the lunatic is at the bottom cause E comes before L
Wait, are you talking about sorting on the web by star difficulty just like it is currently done in the editor? This was suggested (but never implemented) in the request topic to sort by star rating in the editor. If one changes, then all should change imo. So if sorting is changed to by-max-score, then both the editor and online should reflect that change, also. :?
Topic Starter
0_o

Gabi wrote:

This would work for mapsets with multiple 5.00 star difficulties, but not maps like this and this that suffer from the weird star rating calculations (mentioned here and here.)

peppy: Would it be possible if the order could only be changed at the request of a BAT/you? I don't know how feasible of a solution that is, I'm just spitballing here.
Gabi
@ 0_o: that is correct i forgott to mention that was a flaw. it would also be the same on this diff http://osu.ppy.sh/s/118

but i still think it's closer then the original sorting we have now.
Zekira
Aw? But I have a mapset wherein the diff. that is bound-to-be popular is the hardest but not the highest score... T_T
Topic Starter
0_o
Hmm, what if it was made so that maps that are named Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane always appeared in that order? Other common difficulty names could also be included like Lunatic, Extra Stage, Intense, Ultimate, authentic names, etc. (Would this be able to include maps with names like "xxxx's Hard"?) Maps that use unconventional difficulty names would be sorted by star rating as usual.

It wouldn't solve the problem for all cases, but it would help a fair chunk of them.
Derekku
Any possibilities of this with osz2? :p
Zekira
Hopefully?
peppy
osz2 doesn't make anything possible. And no, my stance on this has not changed. Once the new difficulty ordering comes in, maps will likely change order anyway, based off those (this thing http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title= ... tingSystem)
Derekku

peppy wrote:

And no, my stance on this has not changed.
Whoops, I meant auto-organization, not mappers being able to organize difficulties themselves (I disagree with that).

peppy wrote:

Once the new difficulty ordering comes in, maps will likely change order anyway, based off those (this thing http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title= ... tingSystem)
Ahh, haven't seen that page in a while. :p
peppy
The page is out-of-date; AiMod isn't though.