forum

Becoming A Beatmapper

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yandere-Island
I'd like to start making my own beatmaps, but...I don't know where to start? Is there a certain rule that mappers follow? What are the do's and don'ts of mapping? I have so many questions...I'm just afraid of making a bad beatmap! :o
MillhioreF
Everyone's first beatmap is bad. Heck, most peoples' first 5 beatmaps are bad. The best you can do is look at mapping tutorials as well as other peoples' ranked maps to get a good idea of what plays and flows well. Eventually, your maps will start getting better, and you might even get one ranked eventually if you keep at it!

Also, this is the wrong forum. You probably wanted to post in General Questions.
XPJ38
For more details, you will find what you are looking for here.
Ayesha Altugle
Topic Starter
Yandere-Island
Thanks everyone, I'll make sure to check out the links you gave me! I appreciate the help
Liiraye
Why hasn't anyone linked to osu academy yet?

https://www.youtube.com/user/osuacademy
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
it's really ohh wait extremely hard to beatmap!!~~~ really tiring as well tried to do it but failed.....
Derekku
Moved to the correct subforum.
Topic Starter
Yandere-Island
What about overmapping..I see like 108 maps and stuff here and there...Is there a rule for that? Also, Thanks, Derekku!
AutoMedic

[_TetsuyaKuro_] wrote:

it's really ohh wait extremely hard to beatmap!!~~~ really tiring as well tried to do it but failed.....
Protip:

Find Single BPM songs and map them. They're pretty easy to make