forum

A new challenger approaches!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zhon_old
... Not really, I'm pretty horrible at Osu, but it's fun.

Anyway, I just wanted to formally introduce my self; I discovered Osu last year but hadn't taken much interest in it until just recently. Making beatmaps looks like a ton of fun, but I think I'll put that off until I'm more experienced with the game in general.

I noticed not many play Taiko mode, which is my favorite mode (maybe because it's like an easy version of DDR and I suck at DDR) - so I asked around in-game about it, and someone told me there was a Taiko club on the forums. Maybe I didn't do enough research, but it seems to be dead by now. Guess I'm out of luck? :?

So a little about me: my favorite pet is my bird, Kiwi, who is approximately 4 years old (we don't know her actual date of birth). My favorite paper size is simply standard 8½" x 11", which is the size of my sketchbooks.

That's all I guess, I hope to meet some interesting people! ^.~
MMzz
Hi welcome to osu!

About your taiko club reserch, T@ikoMaster just recently went down the drain D:

And it looks like there is a new one TBT (Witch I am in :P)

And Taiko isnt an easy version of DDR >:o
Try some of the original game songs.
YOu can get them here.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=5397&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Have fun!~
Topic Starter
Zhon_old
Hi! Thanks! Ooh, more Taiko yummy-ness. I downloaded a few and tried them; it was fun but I wish they were ranked (I understand why they're not, just saying).

As for the DDR comparison - I meant that in DDR you have to keep track of four buttons, whereas in Taiko you need only two (four optionally if you prefer / want doubles on the large notes).

Hmm, Taiko Beginner Team. To the search button! :)
Thanks again!

-edit-
I can't find anything on it. :? Can you tell me a little about "TBT"?
[KyoAni]
D: Well if Zhon will be posting on the forums,then I guess I should too. >w> -scurries to make thread-
MMzz
Well Zhon the website is still being put together and a friend named youngdow asked me to join.
I'm not sure if it's an exclusive thing.

And I see where your going with the 4 to 2 key comparison of DDR and Taiko.
Once you get into the harder Taiko songs, Ryougen No Mai, Rotter, Soroban2000, Kamikaze Remix, you'll see you need to keep track of all 4 keys you use on taiko. :3

And if you don;t see where i'm going with this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLtST04V8z8

(Pretty old video actually. I sucked back then xD)
mekadon_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MMzz

mekadon95 wrote:

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Well Zhon the website is still being put together and a friend named youngdow asked me to join.
I'm not sure if it's an exclusive thing.

And I see where your going with the 4 to 2 key comparison of DDR and Taiko.
Once you get into the harder Taiko songs, Ryougen No Mai, Rotter, Soroban2000, Kamikaze Remix, you'll see you need to keep track of all 4 keys you use on taiko. :3

And if you don;t see where i'm going with this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLtST04V8z8

(Pretty old video actually. I sucked back then xD)
Hi Zhon!!! xD
For the club, PM Rokodo
Give your (name)-don(Make sure the name is related to your avatar), an avatar to add on the card, and the colour of the face of the drum, and the colour of the body drum.
TaikoM@aster is dead he won't make anymore cards I think.
Sleep Powder
Welcome to osu!

Taiko is really fun here~

If you want to learn about how to make beatmaps theres a video for that. Its really easy once you learn how.

Friends with [KyoAni] ?
minyeob
Making beatmap to ranked is extremely hard.
I suggest making friends first before you make beatmap.
And of course, Taiko mode is fun!

Anyway
Welcome to osu and have fun ^^
mekadon_old

minyeob wrote:

Making beatmap to ranked is extremely hard.
I suggest making friends first before you make beatmap.
And of course, Taiko mode is fun!

Anyway
Welcome to osu and have fun ^^
You should make friends w/BATs, for easier chance to be ranked~~