forum

Lily - plane theory

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vell
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 5:18:06 PM

Artist: Lily
Title: plane theory
Tags: vocaloid niki
BPM: 195
Filesize: 5894kb
Play Time: 03:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.64 stars, 526 notes)
  2. Insane (5.05 stars, 683 notes)
  3. Normal (2.23 stars, 313 notes)
Download: Lily - plane theory
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
pending cookies.
Progress:
Yamakyu
Oh hai,
I only played the hard lvl (because i'm not good enough to try the insane one), and... wow. You've made a great job on it ! I find it globaly very good ! I hope you'll be able to make an easy and normal lvl as good as the hard one ! Actually I planned to make a Heimen Setsu beatmap by myself if no one already worked on it, but you're already working on it, and probably way better than me.

I'm still a beginner in mapping and I think you do better than me, but if I can suggest something.... :
  1. There's maybe too many sliders turning around themselves (sorry I don't speak english very well, I hope you understand want I mean ?). Most of them are pretty nice, but I think there's maybe too many of these.
  2. Also, from 00:28:575 to 00:29:498 I think there's some problems with the position of these sliders, it's not..... """flow-friendly""" (do we even say that ?). I mean, the second one is under the first one, and the third is far away, implying that the "spacing rules" of this part of the map are drastically changed just in 3 notes, which is very frustrating and hard to handle.
Anyway, I really want it to be ranked approved etc... Keep up the good work !
Topic Starter
Vell
Thank you for the feedback, i fixed the part you mentioned and i will continue working on this map, and sorry I dont really know what u mean with 'turning around myself', but anyway thanks!
Lazly-kun
My first mod, I'm a noob, sorry if it's not helpful, but I like the map:
Mapset:
As the AiMod says, you don't have the same uninherited timing points on normal as the other diffs. You're missing the second timing point, I'm not sure if that's part of the normal not being done but.. yeah.
Insane:
I can't play it, so I'm not going to mod it.
Hard:
There's a huge list of beats that need snapping, you can fix this by using Timing > Resnap All Notes.
00:05:037 - I think this spinner should start 1 tick earlier.
00:09:652 - The two circles here feel a bit overmapped, I don't know if that's your style though.
00:14:575 - Here too.
00:45:342 - This also feels overmapped, and I don't think this part of the song suggests that pattern.
01:05:960 - Feels overmapped, I don't think this is something you would be expecting at that moment, it managed to throw me off every time.
02:00:729 - I think this is a bit much for a hard, but this may just be me, I'm not very good at star patterns.
02:01:960 - Still on the star pattern, I think the last beat in it here might catch a lot of people off guard and break their combo for no reason, it's just a bit of a gap between the last beat and it for the speed of the parts before it.
02:12:575 - Nothing wrong here, but I just wanted to mention that the circles stacking on sliders I said felt overmapped earlier, this is the same pattern, and in this situation it feels right. In fact, in this section of the song, the parts using this pattern all feel appropriate for the song.

I'm also going to leave normal out, since it's incomplete.
Please take all of this with a grain of salt, since, like I said, I'm a noob mapper.
Also, I'd like to say that I really like this map, it has a really nice flow, pretty awesome. ^_^
Topic Starter
Vell

Lazly-kun wrote:

My first mod, I'm a noob, sorry if it's not helpful, but I like the map:
Mapset:
As the AiMod says, you don't have the same uninherited timing points on normal as the other diffs. You're missing the second timing point, I'm not sure if that's part of the normal not being done but.. yeah. The mapset in a whole is not finished yet, im still experimenting with the uninherited timing points, hence they may be different in each diff, i planned to fix all the details when i finished all the difficulties.
Insane:
I can't play it, so I'm not going to mod it.
Hard:
There's a huge list of beats that need snapping, you can fix this by using Timing > Resnap All Notes.Same as above, but sure ill fix it.
00:05:037 - I think this spinner should start 1 tick earlier. how so? the 'sound' clearly starts at the white tick
00:09:652 - The two circles here feel a bit overmapped, I don't know if that's your style though.Its a normal triple, i dont think its overmapped for a hard diff
00:14:575 - Here too. same
00:45:342 - This also feels overmapped, and I don't think this part of the song suggests that pattern. you may be right, ill think of something
01:05:960 - Feels overmapped, I don't think this is something you would be expecting at that moment, it managed to throw me off every time. will fix it
02:00:729 - I think this is a bit much for a hard, but this may just be me, I'm not very good at star patterns.you are right, i thought about that myself, will fix it
02:01:960 - Still on the star pattern, I think the last beat in it here might catch a lot of people off guard and break their combo for no reason, it's just a bit of a gap between the last beat and it for the speed of the parts before it. same as above
02:12:575 - Nothing wrong here, but I just wanted to mention that the circles stacking on sliders I said felt overmapped earlier, this is the same pattern, and in this situation it feels right. In fact, in this section of the song, the parts using this pattern all feel appropriate for the song.

I'm also going to leave normal out, since it's incomplete.
Please take all of this with a grain of salt, since, like I said, I'm a noob mapper.
Also, I'd like to say that I really like this map, it has a really nice flow, pretty awesome. ^_^
Ill fix everything with the next update, as i said the map is still not finished and this map is not yet ready for mods, but ofc I appreciate it ^_^
Yamakyu

Vell wrote:

Thank you for the feedback, i fixed the part you mentioned and i will continue working on this map, and sorry I dont really know what u mean with 'turning around myself', but anyway thanks!
Oh well, it's been a while since my first post.
Hmmm, I was talking about the sliders that are making circles, like at 00:57:344 : I don't know how to explain it with words but I made a screen so it's more clear. Actually these kind of patterns are pretty fun to play, but I think there are maybe too many of them ? It can be quite tiring for the hand, and there's only one break in the whole song. This is just a suggestion, but maybe try replacing some ?
An other more obvious exemple would be at 01:10:267. And there are plenty of them, it seems like it's your style of mapping and I'm totally ok with that.

But in particular, for the circle at 00:49:651 the 3rd note is quite hard to get I think because we expect it to be in the trajectory of the circle, and not inside it.

One last thing : maybe it's me, but I never get the notes between 00:55:190 and 00:56:728. I don't know. I'm not sure that part of the song suggest such a pattern. I miss them every time ha ha.

Anyway, it's still a great pleasure to play this map. Keep up the good work ! (and as I said earlier, I'm not a very good mapper, these advices may be wrong /o/)
Topic Starter
Vell

Yamakyu wrote:

Hmmm, I was talking about the sliders that are making circles, like at 00:57:344 : i think they are fine as they are, but if more players complain about them i will reconsider that part ofc.

But in particular, for the circle at 00:49:651 the 3rd note is quite hard to get I think because we expect it to be in the trajectory of the circle, and not inside it. agree, changed the trajectory~

One last thing : maybe it's me, but I never get the notes between 00:55:190 and 00:56:728. I don't know. I'm not sure that part of the song suggest such a pattern. I miss them every time ha ha.changed it too

Anyway, it's still a great pleasure to play this map. Keep up the good work ! (and as I said earlier, I'm not a very good mapper, these advices may be wrong /o/)
Thanks for the suggestions, i will update the map sooner or later.
Lazly-kun
So I see your normal is complete, so I'll mod that now:
00:09:036 (1) - Just a suggestion, could only be confirmed with someone who usually plays this difficulty playing it, but I think beginners need a bit more of a break to recover from spinning, because they usually aren't very good at keeping track of their cursor.
00:10:882 (1) - 00:18:420 (2) - I think you might want to move the circles on top of the sliders a bit away from them, since overlapping beats might also be an issue for beginners.
00:20:882 (4) - I think this beat "hiding" behind the end of the slider might be one of those combo-breaking things, like the end of the star pattern I had mentioned in hard.
Overlapping beats that were mentioned earlier if you want to change them, but they might be fine as they are, since they aren't 1/4 beats, just pointing them out:
01:12:420 (5)
01:19:805 (1)
01:21:036 (1)
01:24:728 (4)
01:27:190 (4)
01:29:651 (1)
01:30:882 (1)
01:32:113 (1)
01:34:574 (5)
01:37:036 (4)
01:39:497 (1)
01:40:728 (1)

That's all I have to say about it. Overall, really good map, good job.
Yamakyu
Oh hai o/

So I tried the last version of your beatmap, and here's what I suggest :

HARD
> I think the note at 01:49:805 is quite confusing. The thing is that we expect slider to end one beat earlier, and this note too. I tried to shorten to the slider and put the note just before (screenshot), and it works well. I also tried to remove this confusing 7th note, and it's also pretty good like this. What do you think about this ?
> It's just an idea but, don't you think a jump at 02:01:344 would be great ? Something like this ?

NORMAL
> I think there should be a note at 00:52:728, no ?
> Same at 02:16:574
> The note at 02:23:805 in particular is a little confusing because for the 7 other they are placed on a beat, but for the 8th it's on the beginning of a phrase, with beat. I think, the new combo should begin on it, so it's more clear that she introduce the sentence, like this.

(for the lvl normal I played in HD/HR, to adapt the difficulty and play as I was less experienced)

And for now that's all, hope it helps. Keep up the good work !
(let's try that insane lvl...)
Topic Starter
Vell

Yamakyu wrote:

HARD
> I think the note at 01:49:805 is quite confusing. changed
> It's just an idea but, don't you think a jump at 02:01:344 would be great ?changed

NORMAL
> I think there should be a note at 00:52:728, no ? changed
> Same at 02:16:574 putting a note here would ruin the distance snap and therefor the pattern, i would actually want to leave it as it is now. I will see what to do if more people point it out.
> The note at 02:23:805 in particular is a little confusing because for the 7 other they are placed on a beat, but for the 8th it's on the beginning of a phrase, with beat. I think, the new combo should begin on it, so it's more clear that she introduce the sentence, like this. changed
for now please no more mods until i am completely done with it, if you have anything more to point out you can catch me ingame anytime, thx for the help.