forum

How do i get used to playing without hidden?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Varetyr
Don't give a damn and become a HD god, have fun.
hehehe.
(I just hope you're not planning to play in a CWC then, a bit like this guy quoted previously)
Mystrian_old
DT+HR easy-normal maps
Hello Skitty
>2014
>ctb
GoldenWolf

skiter43 wrote:

>2014
>ctb
what's wrong?
Hello Skitty

GoldenWolf wrote:

skiter43 wrote:

>2014
>ctb
what's wrong?
Tomorrow i have exams and i havent studied yet :(
iWhorse

jazzy9875x wrote:

I cant play without hidden, without hidden my eyes go blurry and makes how I play worse e.e I play ctb.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/used+to
that should cover it
Topic Starter
jazzy9875x

iWhorse wrote:

jazzy9875x wrote:

I cant play without hidden, without hidden my eyes go blurry and makes how I play worse e.e I play ctb.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/used+to
that should cover it
? that has nothing to do with what I said? But thanx for letting me know what used to means c:
leepdesu
Go master flashlight instead.
Topic Starter
jazzy9875x

-LeeP- wrote:

Go master flashlight instead.
I should, its so much easier D: .-. e.e
TheVileOne
Flashlight -> easier

You must be joking or have never played CTB with Flashlight.

I am attached to hidden as well. It's not blurry for me. I just react so much more quickly with hidden applied. I've tried training without hidden. I have two methods.

1. I try to look at the same part of the screen where the notes would disappear in hidden. Sometimes I look higher than that so that the ryuuta is not as visible.

2. I look at the ryuuta like normal and try to react faster. there is less heads up about upcoming notes because I'm looking at a lower part of the stream.

Each time I try training without hidden the moment I turn hidden on I instantly start playing better. My results have been inconclusive. It's just better to play with Hidden if the AR > 7. I will use hidden for any AR. I can read all the ARs fairly well.

Why are you trying to read without Hidden?
yxn

TheVileOne wrote:

Why are you trying to read without Hidden?
I find that on maps with complex patterns, playing without hidden can be easier.
Topic Starter
jazzy9875x
Why are you trying to read without Hidden?[/quote]
I feel like its better to be able to play no mod as well as using hidden. Some maps such as rains are easier to play without hidden, but i cant play without it xc
TheVileOne
I rarely come across maps where this is the case. I dislike 1/4th hypers or any type of 1/4th jumps, platewalking, and precise movement patterns in hidden. It's only harder because I am not so good at internally timing events.

If I find a map in which it is easier to play without hidden, I just deal with reacting via looking at the ryuuta/ the bottom half of the screen. Playing without hidden after awhile and you will get used to playing without it. I must note though that my skills substantially increased once I decided to play with Hidden. It may take a lot longer to get back to the same skill level gained with Hidden.
CelegaS
Dont follow fruits with your eyes and play with background.

TheVileOne wrote:

It's just better to play with Hidden if the AR > 7. I will use hidden for any AR. I can read all the ARs fairly well.
I actually prefer no mod to hidden for ar8-9, I find my accuracy and precise movement becomes worse. My reactions improve, so I like it on jumpy maps, but I don't prefer it to no mod. I also find it mentally awkward, I like to see the fruit actually hit the platter. I always use hidden paired with dt or hr though.

As for tips, keeping your eyes focused to the middle-ish of the screen around where the notes disappear in hidden should help. Don't try and get discourage/angry and switch back to hidden, just keep at it! :)
YERTI
just keep playing without hidden as much as possible, i used to be hidden only player too but i realized im so much better without hidden
miku18_old
I'm currently practicing Hidden right now. Practice with maps that have slow HR, then go with higher AR maps if you're comfortable with it. Also remember to listen/pay attention to the beats so that you don't end up moving too early/late and combo-break.

Symm's tip regarding the vanishing point is something that I apply as well.
PhTom
the funniest story that i have heard today :D
Granger

miku18 wrote:

I'm currently practicing Hidden right now. Practice with maps that have slow HR, then go with higher AR maps if you're comfortable with it. Also remember to listen/pay attention to the beats so that you don't end up moving too early/late and combo-break.

Except that HD is harder on low AR?
Unless you cant read read high AR of course.
iiyo
play a lot of nomod
miku18_old

Granger wrote:

miku18 wrote:

I'm currently practicing Hidden right now. Practice with maps that have slow AR, then go with higher AR maps if you're comfortable with it. Also remember to listen/pay attention to the beats so that you don't end up moving too early/late and combo-break.

Except that HD is harder on low AR?
Unless you cant read read high AR of course.
I guess it revolves around preference. (giggles)
Most times I can't play beyond AR8.