forum

Make soft samplesets quieter in Taiko [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
0_o
Right now, the taiko sounds are the same whether there is a soft or normal sampleset in the map. The problem with this is that in regular osu! normal hitsounds are louder than soft hitsounds. If a map switches between soft and normal hitsounds, the sections with normal sections have to have a lower volume than the soft sections to keep the hitsound volume consistent. However, this means that in taiko, the soft sections in these maps will be louder than the normal sections, so it doesn't sound right.

This could be implemented either by creating a new set of taiko hitsounds for soft sections, or by simply lowering the volume of the regular taiko sounds accordingly in soft sections.
mm201
If this is done then it should not apply when custom overrides are being used.

I use soft overrides simply for more hitsounds and it would be strange for maps to have their volumes shift erratically depending on the override used.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o

LuigiHann wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the soft hitsounds included in the taiko skin are slightly quieter than the normal ones. It's a pretty subtle difference though.
Yeah, if there is a difference then imo they aren't different enough; the difference in volume between the taiko soft and normal sets imo should be the same as that of the osu! soundsets.
peppy
This is more of a skin change than anything else. I don't see why we can't make them quieter, though.
Lelouch
is there any way to change the hitsounds in Taiko? o.o I didn't find anything about that topic :/ sry if its wrong post
Stefan
Necro bump durrhurr
Change the Sound Files of your Taiko folder.