forum

[duplicate] Less Severe EZ mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Niervaco
I've noticed the EZ mod has always fixed AR and CS to a severely cut level, usually pretty close to the levels of another song thats has an EZ mod on it. It would be nice if the EZ mod was flexible, I.E. adjusting its effects based on the song's original AR and CS. (Also, maybe lower OD as well.)

Song #1. Here is an example. Take the song Banned Forever from Renard, the difficulty mapped by Lesjuh. It has CS 5, HP 6, AR and OD of 8.

The proposed EZ mod would lower these values to about CS 4, HP5, AR and OD 6. This would make it easier for people to pass this song that have difficulty with CS 5 ratings, as well as those who have difficulty playing AR values like 8.

Song#2. Now look at a easier song, or a song with some lower values, while being hard. My song to choose for this would be Bad Baws by Savant, difficulty being Zero's hard. This map has the fllowing values of CS 4, HP 6, AR 7, and OD 6. This looks like a standard hard mode.

The proposed EZ mod would adjust these values to about CS 3, HP 5, AR 6, and OD 5. These values would make the song look like a standard normal song. This would make the song easier for people who have just recently started playing osu! and want something harder than a normal, but can't seem to pass hard difficulties. Just slap an EZ mod on there.

There is a difference in the values changed between the songs. Song #2 had AR and OD lowered by one level instead of two. The effect of the EZ mod is supposed to lessen as the songs difficulties are lower. The reason for this is so Easy songs aren't effected as much by the EZ mod, since they are Easy in the first place. The mod would still have some effect on Easy difficulties though.

Now the mathematical algorithm for this I have not come up with. Everyone would have different preferences on adjustment on a song's values. I am pretty sure that if this was implemented, the the algorithm would be similar to the Hard Rock mod. (HR) Hard Rock is the opposite though, as it heightens the difficulty of the song by adjusting these values much like the proposed EZ mod would, but EZ would lessen instead.

So basically, the proposed EZ mod would adjust like the HR mod does, except make things easier, as well as not having fixed values, making the harder songs with plenty of notes cluttered because of such a severe cut on AR/CS.
XPJ38
So basically you want an easier Easy mod
Topic Starter
Niervaco

XPJ38 wrote:

Well no, an Easy mod that manages hard and insane songs better.
Vuelo Eluko
I like EZ being the hardest mod.
XPJ38

Niervaco wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

That's what I meant in a way :P We all know that the Easy mod doesn't make a hard map easier at all.
Topic Starter
Niervaco

Niervaco wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

That's what I meant in a way :P We all know that the Easy mod doesn't make a hard map easier at all.
Well then yes, an Easier Easy mod, because Easy + Hard = Well, harder.
silmarilen
ez mod doesnt have a fixed ar/od/cs/hp, it halves them. so it already does what you are suggesting, just a bit more severe.
Stefan
Maybe EZ should be a reversed HR Mod.
Topic Starter
Niervaco

silmarilen wrote:

ez mod doesnt have a fixed ar/od/cs/hp, it halves them. so it already does what you are suggesting, just a bit more severe.
Well then, it is pretty severe enough that I couldn't tell the difference between the two. Im going to change the suggestion to.

Less severe EZ mod.
TheVileOne
millhiore would not be happy if EZ was adjusted.
Piine

TheVileOne wrote:

millhiore would not be happy if EZ was adjusted.
Next second, invalidation of post
deadbeat
t/56606 support this instead?