forum

can barely read

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shavit
I have no idea what happened, I used to read fast AR8 maps good enough but I couldn't press fast enough, now I trained streaming and accuracy and yeah I got an improvement, but I can't read shit now.

crybaby
Let's take some examples.
nano.RIPE - Real World (TV size) [magic's diff], I used to actually understand what's going on there, now when I try to play it, I mess on the second combo:

Even after memorizing it, everything fucks up and I fail/miss alot.

Lily - Scarlet Rose, I could get to the half (I beat it 2 times though by mashing the intro) but then it got pretty fast, now I just fail on the beginning, it's like my brain misses the existence of some notes:

I always miss both of those sliders, feels like they don't exist and I just skip them.

I have too many reading problems and I feel like a shit player because of that, if I could read the beginning of BSPower Explosion [0108] and not miss at the first pattern, I'd FC this already because that's the only problem for me expect for random misses because I'm not so consistent, or the Extra difficulty that I FC almost everything and then those sliders that I skip half of them for unknown reasons appear. I can play high AR good enough though, I can barely beat Louis Cypher's Cirno's Perfect Math Class@Insane because I skip some circles and I fail almost instantly, but with AR10 I got an A there.

TL;DR:
crybaby 2
My reading sucks ass, I can barely do anything because of that, I can stream <190BPM properly for over 1 minute with 'good enough for me' accuracy (OD8 95%+) and my aim is decent on high AR (8+DT/10)/spaced maps.
I need help with reading, I fuck up too much because of that, I got over 10 runs on "guitar vs piano 180bpm + HT" AND ALL OF THEM WITH 78-80 MISSES!!! but accuracy improved though, so in summary - I still miss because of misreads. I tried changing skins, and even hitcircles or w/e but nothing helps. I've heard that my problem can be that I focus at the center of my monitor, that's a huge 27" one with fucked up resolution (1360*768) and I can't window mode because I use Windows 8.1 and I can't disable windows composition properly.

TL;DR FINAL:
My reading sucks, what can I do to improve it? Thanks :)
- Most likley that you'll say "keep playing/practice", please - give me some maps that require good reading skills and are AR9 that I don't need to play with mods.
Blueprint
I used to be good at ar 8 but then I avoided it and just play ar 9 sometimes 8+dt and now I'm bad at it because I don't have the patience to sit on circles and wait, I hope I helped, also I would think a person who prefers ar 9 would read ar 8 better than somebody who likes to AR 10 I pick AR 8 on purpose to bully DT players http://osu.ppy.sh/b/54373
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/60941
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/40577
Lach
play lots of dt fuck everyone
Topic Starter
shavit

Lach wrote:

Yeah, go DT the big black, atama no taisou, scarlet rose, real world, heisei catacalysm and all those intense reading maps
Lach

Shavit-sama wrote:

I used to read fast AR8 maps good enough but I couldn't press fast enough
dt
Pettanko
i think peppy should add "tripletime" mod for maximum swag points
B1rd

Pettanko wrote:

i think peppy should add "tripletime" mod for maximum swag points
to add a new dimension for farming pp
nooblet
Play some Skystar and fanzhen and you'll be good at reading lololol
Kouya-
Lol, I usually just guess the AR and timing to the circles xDD
CookChefSteak

Lach wrote:

qft
GoldenWolf

nooblet wrote:

Topic Starter
shavit

nooblet wrote:

I hate Skystar's maps, http://osu.ppy.sh/b/391520?m=0 - I didn't play the Extra diff because he made it but I FC'd captin's insane, Skystar's maps sucks imo.
I'll look for fanzhen maps later.

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

Lol, I usually just guess the AR and timing to the circles xDD
That's why your top ranks are full of normal/hard difficulties.
Weed
play low ar
GoldenWolf

Shavit-sama wrote:

nooblet wrote:

I hate Skystar's maps, http://osu.ppy.sh/b/391520?m=0 - I didn't play the Extra diff because he made it but I FC'd captin's insane, Skystar's maps sucks imo.
You should probably play it before saying it sucks, this one is actually good imo.
RaneFire
Skystar, Nold, or even MUYA!

Want to get better at reading you gotta play maps that you can't predict. I don't know if that's the right word, but I think you should be able to understand what I'm referring to.

Oh and then there's maps (or rather patterns) which are fully predictable and start to mess with your head when your thought process becomes about seeing shapes instead of hit circles. Squares, pentagons, stars, etc. Gotta practice those too.
nooblet

Shavit-sama wrote:

nooblet wrote:

[Skystar] diffs aren't easy to read, nor are they easy to play, but they are unique and unpredictable, which will help your reading more than a map with an easy play-through on the first try. That won't help your reading at all. [Skystar] diffs will often take more than one try to read clearly. "Skystar sacrifices readability and playability for creativity" is what someone said. You'll see some new stuff in pretty much every map instead of the standard patterns.
Topic Starter
shavit

nooblet wrote:

[Skystar] diffs aren't easy to read, nor are they easy to play, but they are unique and unpredictable, which will help your reading more than a map with an easy play-through on the first try. That won't help your reading at all. [Skystar] diffs will often take more than one try to read clearly. "Skystar sacrifices readability and playability for creativity" is what someone said. You'll see some new stuff in pretty much every map instead of the standard patterns.
Hmm sounds okay
I'll try playing some..
Xyrax Alaria

Lach wrote:

MillhioreF
You don't have to feel bad, OD8 is pretty fast. Try playing some OD6 or OD7 maps and train your reflexes until you're able to react to it fast enough.
Rewben2

MillhioreF wrote:

You don't have to feel bad, OD8 is pretty fast. Try playing some OD6 or OD7 maps and train your reflexes until you're able to react to it fast enough.
Do you mean ar8? lol
Hello Skitty
Play ez or old maps

Or just dt/hr everything
Vuelo Eluko

MillhioreF wrote:

reflexes...ar8...huh