forum

A weird skill wall i have run into.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kasiansan
So when i first started playing osu my friend made me play maps that in no way i could ever play, i learned afterwards it was ar9 and ar 9.8. well after 2-3 months of osu, i started to get better at the game. I ran into AR8 songs, and for some reason they feel slow to me. the problem i have is i need to play ar 9 songs but i can barley even keep up with ar 8, my OPM(objects per minute) is only 153. so a 3 minute song 469 objects, roughly.

Is there anything i can do to try and raise my OPM?
Tekklorn
This belongs in the gameplay and ranking section of the forum.

As for your answer though, I have never heard of objects per minute being used lol :P but the answer seems simple, play songs with more objects per minute.
Also it seems like your problem with ar8 is just a reading issue, it's not just you many people do considerably worse on ar8 than ar9 so it's fine, I personally wouldn't be concerned with ar8 and just concentrate on being able to read ar9 better.
Kouya-
As Tekklorn said, it belongs here .

And I think you're talking about Beats Per Minute (BPM) ? I guess I never heard of OPM if it does exist ._.

But yea, if you're having a hard time with AR8 but are good at AR9 songs, then stick with AR9 songs .
B1rd
Yeah just forget and ignore about your weaknesses great advice.
eeezzzeee
I don't think OPM is a good measurement of playing speed? because circles, sliders, and spinners all count as one "object" lol
Rather you should try to figure out the bpm you can single tap (consistently click circle notes that are 1/4 time space apart)

As for AR8, you can try to disregard the approach circle and click when there sounds like there should be a note.
This works pretty well if the map is good and you are good with rhythm, but sometimes where you think there is a note may not be where the mapper thinks it is.
Eventually when you play enough you can read AR8 normally.

Also yes, this belongs in gameplay & rankings
Yauxo

eeezzzeee wrote:

you should try to figure out the bpm you can single tap (consistently click circle notes that are 1/4 time space apart)
Then according to your text, streams would be 1/8's, which is not the case.
1/4's are streams, you mean 1/2's.
Tekklorn

B1rd wrote:

He's complaining about not being able to read ar8 properly, at his current skill level he should be more concerned about improving his skill with ar9 or even ar10 maps as oppose to ar8. As he learns to read better, ar8 should be less troublesome although by that stage ar8 is usually for novelty or fun.
Coffee Hero

Tekklorn wrote:

B1rd wrote:

He's complaining about not being able to read ar8 properly, at his current skill level he should be more concerned about improving his skill with ar9 or even ar10 maps as oppose to ar8. As he learns to read better, ar8 should be less troublesome although by that stage ar8 is usually for novelty or fun.
Playing lower AR's(<8) will improve your reading skills much much quicker than 9/9.6/10/10.3
neurosis
B1rd
Yeah, I think playing songs with low AR for their difficulty helps your reading ability, since you have to remember the order of notes rather than just jumping to AR9 circles as soon as they appear.
eeezzzeee

Yauxo wrote:

Then according to your text, streams would be 1/8's, which is not the case.
1/4's are streams, you mean 1/2's.
Oops! Yeah that's what I meant :P