forum

[resolved] Annual pp recalculation

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight
The annual pp recalculation involves the system to recalculate all users pp to have even more accuracy to the ranking. This could be done one a year (annually) or once a month (monthly).

The main objective of this is: to have even more accuracy to the performance ranking for all players...
KinkiN
I think this is already on the way. ppv1 indeed lasted for 1-2 years

i believe Tom and peppy are working to make pp more accurate everyday
AmaiHachimitsu
Since the place in the map's ranking doesn't matter now, I don't think there is much to recalculate.
- Marco -
I prefer monthly, yearly it's too slow D:
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight

ashketchum1234 wrote:

to have even more accuracy to the ranking
--

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Since the place in the map's ranking doesn't matter now, I don't think there is much to recalculate.
---If you talking about what I've put about ranking... I am actually talking about the Performance Ranking not the ranking that can be found on a single map...

-------------------------

marcostudios wrote:

I prefer monthly, yearly it's too slow D:
-Fixed :)
AmaiHachimitsu
I'm talking about ppv2 ranking. There is like nothing to recalculate because it works now on an algorithm which calculates nothing but the difficulty of the map and measures the scores accordingly. There shouldn't be any changes if it gets recalculated.
jesse1412

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I'm talking about ppv2 ranking. There is like nothing to recalculate because it works now on an algorithm which calculates nothing but the difficulty of the map and measures the scores accordingly. There shouldn't be any changes if it gets recalculated.
Indeed and a recalculation is already done every time the algorithm is updated.
Dexus
Get 99-100% on all your top 10 scores and you will see a difference in accuracy. If your top score is a 93%, 96%, 94% then don't expect to have a very high accuracy average. Recalculations are done the instant the score gets replaced which has been stated.

Basically the current accuracy in your profile is based on the average of all your pp scores, the more it's weighted the more it affects your accuracy.
peppy
Recalculations of your rank are done daily. ppv2 does not change (by design) unless we change the algorithm. Algorithm changes happen as we see them necessary. You can follow them here: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog?category=performance