forum

[Archived] Beatmap processing error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aloha
Problem Details:
I have recently encountered problems with my user account on windows 8.1.
As a result, I have created a new user account in order to resolve the issues with corrupted files.
Ever since then, I have a problem with the client.

Whenever I start the client, only a limited amount of songs (3/4 including tutorial) will be able to be selected to play.
Attempting to select any other beatmaps will result in a reprocessing of all beatmaps. This reprocessing will simply stop halfway through with the client being blackscreened.
This can be temporarily resolved by running the repair on the osu! installer. But will be required every time the client is closed in order for it to work the next time it is opened.

I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling osu! completely but it proves to be ineffective.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
KinkiN
not sure if this will work, but try deleting osu.exe and run osume.exe

Aloha wrote:

This can be temporarily resolved by running the repair on the osu! installer. But will be required every time the client is closed in order for it to work the next time it is opened.
using windows repair? then try to shut down first after repairing, and then open your osu! back
Topic Starter
Aloha

Yuzuru wrote:

not sure if this will work, but try deleting osu.exe and run osume.exe
Just tried this, it didn't work.

Yuzuru wrote:

Aloha wrote:

using windows repair? then try to shut down first after repairing, and then open your osu! back
Not windows repair, but the repair option on the osu! installer.
Ayesha Altugle
try deleting osu!.db and refresh?
KinkiN
if after you run the repair, and then open osu! it works fine right? try to close the osu! immediately and see if the error still coming or not

do the client or windows said anything about "low memory" ?
Topic Starter
Aloha

vahn10 wrote:

try deleting osu!.db and refresh?
osu! froze midway through the reprocessing of the beatmaps.
After it started responding again, most of the beatmaps are missing and the rest seem to be slightly corrupted.
This is probably because the processing was interrupted. I will try this again when I have less processes running on my PC.

Yuzuru wrote:

if after you run the repair, and then open osu! it works fine right? try to close the osu! immediately and see if the error still coming or not

do the client or windows said anything about "low memory" ?
osu! will work fine right after a repair. Closing and reopening will result in the error to reoccur.

I have not seen any prompts regarding low memory.
KinkiN
It can be the fault on the database, but that part is not fishy

"Closing and then error" this where it smells fishy D: so when you're closing the app it definitely make a change in your osu!
Topic Starter
Aloha
Just attempted deleting osu!.db again to have osu! process my beatmaps.
The same thing happened, the processing was interrupted and the beatmap collection became corrupted.
Topic Starter
Aloha
Bump.
MillhioreF
Is the new user account an administrator? It could be some strange permissions issue.
Topic Starter
Aloha
Yes, it is an administrator.
Marcin
Some of your beatmaps may be corrupted. Try removing half of beatmaps, and check if it gets fixed, if not, remove next half, if yes - put the half of previous half back to your folder - do it until you find out which beatmap is causing it.
Topic Starter
Aloha
If this is the case, it's likely that only very few are not corrupted. Those would be the ones that I can actually play while the error persists.
But I find it strange that I can play everything with no problem immediately after running a repair.
Marcin
Running repair probably removes osu!.db, i can't see any other way that this may in any way influence it.
Topic Starter
Aloha
I don't believe it does, as I require no processing once I start it after a repair.
There shouldn't really be any reason for it to break immediately after osu! closes.