forum

Why are Beat hit sounds important?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
ok so I turned them off as soon as I started this game few weeks back. It's still going fine but... is there any reason to have them?, they dont go with the beats of the music and dont help me at the moment in any way. They also ruin the pleasure of the music to. As I progress through map difficulties will I need beat sounds? is there some big reason that I'm missing?

I mean I dont know of other music games similar to this that use beat sounds..

Guitar hero
Tap tap revenge
dance dance revolution

three iconic games that don't use hitsounds
Kanye West
They do go with the beat of the music. You only think they don't because you are terrible at the game and need to practice more.
VoidnOwO
:)
SushiBottle

Kanye West wrote:

They do go with the beat of the music. You only think they don't because you are terrible at the game and need to practice more.
This guy knows how to make a pep talk.
- Marco -

BRBP wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

They do go with the beat of the music.
*cough* universal offset *cough*
Ayesha Altugle

This video will explain you how hitsounds are important
Janioszek
I've been playing two years without hitsounds, they simply annoy me... Especially in mania.
DeletedUser_4041880
So you made your account 15 days ago but you're almost at rank #80k ._.
Lewder

Frostei wrote:

yet he has nearly as many plays as i do
maybe you were just slow
edit: i mean are slow holy shit
DeletedUser_4041880

Lewder wrote:

Frostei wrote:

yet he has nearly as many plays as i do
maybe you were just slow
edit: i mean are slow holy shit
I hit a wall for a while now so I can't really feel myself improving. A friend of mine is trying to teach me how to stream properly but it's just god damn annoying trying to read the notes/figuring out how fash I should mash Z X.

To OP: Gimme all your PP
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Kanye West wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm awful at the game, maybe if they were all the same sound then sure, but they are random trumpet drum sounds that really don't help with anything. Apart from to put you off the actual music
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Frostei wrote:

ye.. I have alot of spare time at the moment..
DeletedUser_4041880

Slyveon wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm awful at the game, maybe if they were all the same sound then sure, but they are random trumpet drum sounds that really don't help with anything. Apart from to put you off the actual music
Replace your sound files with different hitsounds then. Also make sure you don't double post again.
Topic Starter
Sylveon
Replace your sound files with different hitsounds then. Also make sure you don't double post again.[/quote]

Oh Ok sorry, I think il just keep the hit sounds off, I mean from the other music games I've played tap tap revenge,guitar hero, dance dance revolution xD none use hitsounds on beats, so I can't find them to important :l
deadbeat

Janioszek wrote:

I've been playing two years without hitsounds, they simply annoy me... Especially in mania.
aww yeah. *hi-5*
Witch Mercy
Hit sounds that go with the song actually sounds pretty god damn nice to me.
Chamelo

Janioszek wrote:

So that's mean you never a song like kors k - smooooch or Famishin - Mecha Koi Ranman* (Piano Ver.)

These beatmap can't play without hitsounds.
Kouya-
There were only like, the very few that beat hit sounds aren't need-able .

Hit sounds make you feel in rhythm with the music each time you hit while you're playing .

(Sometimes, it doesn't go with it at all, but hey, as long as it's playable, you'll do fine . )
Janioszek
These beatmap can't play without hitsounds.
Luckily, there are so few of these I don't need to care about them.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

vahn10 wrote:

This video will explain you how hitsounds are important
Thanks for the video, that helped out alot. The normal beat hit sound is acutally quite nice :), still not a fan of that drum thing though. But I can see their importance, and have been using then for a couple of days thus far.