forum

Force Taiko Skin for Taiko play instead of skinned elements [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Would it be possible for Taiko mode to force the ENTIRE Taiko skin? Not just the hit circles? (Meaning the Great/Good hitmarkers as well as spinner/denden should be forced as well, imo.)
LuigiHann
I think in the future, the taiko elements should/will have separate filenames. I'd like for them to still be skinnable on a per-map basis, but I agree that skinned elements designed for regular osu play don't look great in taiko, so the current setup is non-ideal
mattyu007

LuigiHann wrote:

I think in the future, the taiko elements should/will have separate filenames.
Ooh now there's a good idea~
GabrielRKF

mattyu007 wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

I think in the future, the taiko elements should/will have separate filenames.
Ooh now there's a good idea~
I Like that idea too.
Xgor
I was about to post this suggestion myself :P

Anyway here is a good screenshot on how ugly it can get!

I also like LuigiHann's suggestion.
Zekira
True, I tend to keep on screwing up on maps that have forced skins because of the fact that they look unpleasant... I have to delete the skin first so that I can actually play them properly on Taiko lol
mattyu007

Zekira wrote:

I have to delete the skin first
...which won't be possible when peppy rolls out osz2
Derekku
I usually don't mind some elements from skins, but a lot of times the 100/300's (for example) get downright annoying and make it hard to see the incoming notes.
Zekira

mattyu007 wrote:

Zekira wrote:

I have to delete the skin first
...which won't be possible when peppy rolls out osz2
Exactly.
Sinistro
Support, but support even more for separate filenames like LH said (because otherwise we're stuck with one skin for taiko when, somewhere along the line, somebody may make some skin elements that look good for it).
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Natteke
+Support, I can't play with custom skin in Taiko so I have to delete it D:
c-Sarah
Isupport! Custom skins in taiko are really horrible(
[DBF]
I support.
qlum
Why didn't I support this earlier +!
mekadon_old
+support
Roga-don
support
arien666
I really support this idea ;_;
omegaflo
Support too, too many fails on some 300's skins ._.
Azure_Kite
I know skinning is a way for mappers to show their creativity but custom hit300's and the like really can make it quite hard to see what's going on. I support this.

Then again, this whole problem would be resolved if Taiko skin objects weren't the same as the osu! ones already...
Zeugziumy
Of course SUPPORT!
Every map what contains custom skins on elements, I make a folder called Bak inside, and move... and still get ranked...
For every, taiko, ctb, osu...
But taiko, jezz, especially on Nobuo Uematsu - SSBB Main Theme, the 300/100/50/0 (miss) is huge... You can't see the next one...
I never liked skinned elements what make things on gameplay, mostly I preffer skinned combobursts, sectionpass/sectionfail...
Chotki
Should've supported this a long time ago.

Yeah.
show more