forum

PC Games

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Half Life: 9.99 what a ripoff I got HL: Anthology (includes blue shift + 2 others) for 15.

Also that pack seems like kind of a waste of money because some of those games you just don't need to own since there are better remakes of them.
Bestelle
Psychonauts!
Er...
I mean...
Left 4 Dead 2, maybe Aion?
RemmyX25
nardii

awp wrote:

Half Life: 9.99 what a ripoff I got HL: Anthology (includes blue shift + 2 others) for 15.

Also that pack seems like kind of a waste of money because some of those games you just don't need to own since there are better remakes of them.
But even if you removed all those games it'd probably still be cheaper.
Lybydose
Dragon Age and COD

Dawn of War 2
Nachy
Serious Sam HD, Titan Quest, any Valve game, Street Fighter IV, Zeno Clash, Prototype, Red Faction Guerrilla, Fallout 3, Borderlands and some other games I forgot.
Loginer

James wrote:

test my new PC
Crysis.

DiRT 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum are great games, too.
lukewarmholiday

RemmyX25 wrote:

I am very sad L4D2 does not run smoothly on my laptop, whereas TF2 does.
What the fuck is wrong with your laptop. L4D2 is one of the most gloriously optimized games for PC wheras TF2 is pretty bad for the source engine.
Topic Starter
James

Loginer wrote:

James wrote:

test my new PC
Crysis.
Already did. Crap. 40-50fps at full settings?

-0-

Already played Arkham @ 360..
I play SF4 on arcade..
Red Faction.. new game?
L4D2... still downloading rofl... is it as bad as L4D?
DiRT 2.. racing game... good good..
Never liked Aion...
...and I still got my original Half Life lol

Any more cool games?
Doomsday
Borderlands, if you haven't already got it
Topic Starter
James
Is it good? I'll download it if it is not that good. I'll buy it if it is good. :)
Doomsday
It's really good. I've been playing it for a while now and I'm still really enjoying it
Mukku
I hear its great in multiplayer. Though I havent gotten to play it online by myself yet.
awp
Basically, Diablo II mated with Fallout 3.
Pasonia
Actually, to be honest I lost interest in Borderlands after I was told my friends all have >100 slots in their gun inventory. As it turned out, they all hacked.

For two weeks I was literally without a game to play -.-

I recommend MW2. Even if the storyline is a bit over-the-top =3
lukewarmholiday
Borderlands is really fun if you can keep a group together and play hack free.

We have a few LAN characters with me and 3 friends so whenever we get together we play borderlands all night long.
Turpin2009
Football Manager 2010.
Ivalset
Note that Borderlands single player is kind of boring easy mode - if you want to actually have fun and a bit of challenge, four people is required.
Pasonia

Turpin2009 wrote:

Football Manager 2010.
Manage a team with Michael Schmeciel as GK, C. Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as wingers, Cantona as---

(is shot)
[deleted user]
Hi...
Hello Here Jamesmartyn from USA. Top 5 PC Action Games

1.CRYSIS Warhead
2.Prototype
3.Fallout 3
4.Devil May Cry 4
5. Assassin’s Creed
Topic Starter
James
1.CRYSIS Warhead - played for testing
2.Prototype - willl try later
3.Fallout 3 - beat the game, perfect file
4.Devil May Cry 4 - beat the game, perfect file
5. Assassin’s Creed - i dont play this, i just dont feel like it

Thanks.
mekadon_old
Topic Starter
James
Just finished playing Dragon Age and deleted the game already...

Anybody playing Torchlight? Is it good?
Nachy

James wrote:

Just finished playing Dragon Age and deleted the game already...

Anybody playing Torchlight? Is it good?
Players will choose from among three character classes, and venture from the safety of the town of Torchlight into randomly generated dungeon levels, with a huge variety of creepy monsters, endless variations of loot to find, and quests to complete. The endless randomization ensures a long-lived gameplay experience.

Randomization - Our level layouts are randomly created, so each adventure is unique. Monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items are also different each time you embark on an adventure

Easy, approachable interface - Torchlight is designed to be easy to play right from the beginning. The intuitive interface gives players easy access to a rich and varied world

Retirement System - Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can “retire” and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters

Pets - Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, carry items, and perform a variety of helpful services

Character Classes - Players will create and customize a character from one of three classes available, and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different

Fishing - Players can take a break from the high-energy pace of adventuring to visit one of the fishing holes and relax and see what they can catch. Fish have interesting benefits for the player and pet, and other rewards can also be discovered

Included Editor - Runic Games is embracing our modding community by including an editor so our players can create and design their own content
tl;dr

it's a pretty fun Diablo-like game with a pretty good gameplay and randomization system that can last you a while
Topic Starter
James
Hmm ok.
awp
That's what I heard and I kinda regret not buying it when it was like 5 bux on steam or 50% off or whatever, since I absolutely LOVE Diablo 2.

But I've already bought 12 games off steam lately asdfnkaskfas even if 11 of them were PointClick adventure games

maybe, though...

I kinda want to get "The Wonderful End of the World" because it's an indie Katamari clone with simpler control mechanics, but the game also doesn't seem to be fleshed out enough. It looks like they got a decent engine, but don't do enough with it.
Topic Starter
James
Katamari !! <3

Anyways, does Borderlands work on Hamachi?
I don't want to bring a 10kg CPU to a friend's house just to play with them through LAN...
awp
Can't you just play online? That sounds easier to me. I mean it uses GameSpy but when I was playing with 3 other people, none of whom were in my country, it wasn't very laggy at all. Well, Net-wise. That game runs poorly on my computer.
Topic Starter
James
Cant do online until i tested the game personally, want to make sure that i wont be wasting money purchasing that game xD
...still have to buy djmax trilogy..
awp
You can play online without buying the game, then buy it if you like it, though?

I finished the game in single player, and have to admit, it's not that fun without multi.