forum

osu! v2 speculation thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight
Post here some speculation, rumors etc. on what the new osu will look like...

Here is my specs....

1. osu! v2 default ui will feature a flat design similar to Windows 8 design or the osu!stream app for the iphone
2. the new osu! store teases the new osu! and possibly also the website
3. official tournament logo (osu tournament 2013, TWC 2014 and CWC 2014) also teases the new layout
4. the development team is now busy developing the new osu! this is why there are no forthcoming updates on the main client for a month now (last update occurred last April 10, 2013)
5. it will have the new font we've seen last update (but removed)...

This is just for fun.... :D
silmarilen
what?
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight

silmarilen wrote:

what?
I heard rumors that the new osu will be released on later days with peppy sometimes teasing about this... Though, he haven't shown any tease image/post-development screenshot about this so I made up this thread to ask the community's idea what the new osu will look like.

I also put up some of my speculation on the first post...
Mofu kun
I really hope that they add teams/clans. That will be fun.
TicClick
the last update was.. today? Test build branch is never dead.
Pannari
Speculations? Time to grab my foil hat.
GenoClysm

Pannari wrote:

Speculations? Time to grab my foil hat.
piruchan
Touhosu!
XPJ38

ashketchum1234 wrote:

5. it will have the new font we've seen last update (but removed)...
Are you seriously talking about the switch to Comic Sans during April Fools' Day?
piruchan

XPJ38 wrote:

Are you seriously talking about the switch to Comic Sans during April Fools' Day?
I like that.
Piine
-cough- Maybe updates on the public build was just holded until more important updates/improvements on the test build?
B1rd
osu! doesn't need a new version it's pretty much perfect
AutoMedic
You mean a UI update. Interesting. It doesn't deserve much hype tho'. It's not big of an update

MoF10 wrote:

I really hope that they add teams/clans. That will be fun.
Love that idea. There's someone going to oppose Team Pantsu if that happens. Look at them switch in the leaderboards
Arcanine
ew windows 8
Prime Number
Thing is, osu! doesn't have that kind of massive update that changes everything, it won't ever really be considered as "V2" in my opinion.
- Marco -

Prime Number wrote:

Thing is, osu! doesn't have that kind of massive update that changes everything, it won't ever really be considered as "V2" in my opinion.
Well..basical most are the "backstage" updates, it corrects bug soo it's not always what you see :) But yeah no v2