forum

tablet yes or no?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xnge
Hi im thinking about buying a tablet and i wonder if u think i will be able to do insane maps with a tablet?
i can do almost every hard map perfect
mcdoomfrag
No. Getting a tablet won't magically make you better. It will help if you are more comfortable holding a pen rather than mouse, but you will still need to make as much effort to reach the next level. Buying a tablet is not a shortcut to getting better. Don't make excuses. Personally I see it as more of an investment in the long run.

Edit: Also, I just noticed that your top performances doesn't include a single S, and only 4 As. How exactly have you perfected hard maps? Work on getting a more solid and consistent accuracy before saying you have perfected a difficulty (At the very least 94%+ for an S). Don't underestimate the importance of accuracy.
Noobsicle
well if you feel like you're playing purely bad with the mouse that you need an "upgrade", then get a tablet
mind you i play worse with a tablet than a mouse so not everyone with tablet is gonna become cookiezi status 9000bpm etc
Blueprint
Tablet is good for chasing circles
nooblet
Insane? Who plays those when you have a tablet? Go straight into 4-star Extra maps and get 2-digit ranks in a week.

Seriously though, if you can afford one it may or may not help you in certain aspects of the game, but it's not a requirement nor is it superior to mouse. It's not a magic wand, nor are you a magical girl.
Vuelo Eluko
Jumps become WAY easier. Spinners become easier or harder depending on the person. you' get better faster than with a mouse. Sure there's nothing you can do on osu with a tablet that can't be done on mouse but it's quicker to get that skill with a tablet.
dung eater
You'll be able to do insanes either way if you just play more. You won't be doing them any time soon if you don't play more.
Blueprint
If your comfortable with mouse and never have trouble of losing your grip or long maps don't bother, with a pen you don't have to strain yourself.
ivan
x
B1rd

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Jumps become WAY easier. Spinners become easier or harder depending on the person. you' get better faster than with a mouse. Sure there's nothing you can do on osu with a tablet that can't be done on mouse but it's quicker to get that skill with a tablet.
what? I though that jumps were the one thing that the mouse was good at...
piruchan
After looking at your stats, I suggest keep playing normal or hard diff with mouse until you get >95% accuracy on both.
Karuta-_old_1

B1rd wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

what? I though that jumps were the one thing that the mouse was good at...
nope, mouse players prefer streams than jumps
[ Stellar ]
From a quick glance at your profile, tablet would barely help.
People who got better when switched to tablet have decent game experience and mechanics.
If you don't have any, then switching to tablet would help none or less.
Noobsicle

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

streams are evil, jumps are ♥♥♥♥
B1rd
^
Kukuthemoogle
It takes a while to become decent at this game, getting a tablet isn't going to magically make you better. If you feel like you're never going to improve with the mouse, then get a tablet, but it doesn't matter what you use, this game is still going to be ridiculously hard.

I'm a mouse user, and I prefer jumps. Streams are evil.
Filthy Casual
Yes. If you buy a tablet you instantly become Cookiezi.
yumether
e
AmaiHachimitsu
Buy tablet you'll be better in an instant.
Karuta-_old_1

Filthy Casual wrote:

Yes. If you buy a tablet you instantly become Cookiezi.
That's what I'd like to say to everyone who asks this question
DeletedUser_4041880

joel5858ftw wrote:

i can do almost every hard map perfect
I laughed at this. Play more and then consider if you want a tablet or not.
shavit
I use a tablet and it's bullshit, if I'd stayed with mouse I could've been better than what I am now.

Summary:
Tablet - for bullshit players who can't play with mouse
Mouse - make sure you have a good one, Razer's bullshit too, CM Storm mice and Logitech G400/G400s/G500/G500s/MX518 are great.
Noobsicle

Shavit-sama wrote:

I use a tablet and it's bullshit, if I'd stayed with mouse I could've been better than what I am now.

Summary:
Mouse - make sure you have a good one, Razer's bullshit too (unless you get your hands on a faultless deathadder), CM Storm mice and Logitech G400/G400s/G500/G500s/MX518 are great.
AmaiHachimitsu
What is a bullshit player?

Someone who plays with bullshit?
shavit

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

What is a bullshit player?

Someone who plays with bullshit?
You play with mouse, you should know that it's not bullshit. Tablet is a waste of money.

Noobsicle wrote:

Shavit-sama wrote:

Summary:
Mouse - make sure you have a good one, Razer's bullshit too (unless you get your hands on a faultless deathadder), CM Storm mice and Logitech G400/G400s/G500/G500s/MX518 are great.
I use a Razer Imperator and it sucks. I never tried those Logitech mice but I heard only good reviews on them.
nrl

Shavit-sama wrote:

You play with mouse, you should know that it's not bullshit. Tablet is a waste of money.
Disagree strongly. Apart from the fact that tablets have easily identifiable mechanical advantages, a vast majority of top players use tablets, and I personally experienced very immediate and very rapid improvement when I got my tablet.
shavit

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Shavit-sama wrote:

Disagree strongly. Apart from the fact that tablets have easily identifiable mechanical advantages, a vast majority of top players use tablets, and I personally experienced very immediate and very rapid improvement when I got my tablet.
You're telling that to yourself because you wasted money on one or because you badly wanted one. Face the truth.
You play for over 1 year, means you can read better than me and I suck at reading. If you was super bad with mouse that means you couldn't aim and that you're very bad with mouse, which is not an excuse to buy a tablet. I had my own stupid excuse of my mousepad being cold and that it makes moving my mouse very hard and now when I think about it, it's not that bad.
dung eater

Shavit-sama wrote:

I had my own stupid excuse of my mousepad being cold and that it makes moving my mouse very hard and now when I think about it, it's not that bad.
Get a cloth mousepad? ;A Warm and comfy, drinks your tears and blood.
B1rd

jaaakb wrote:

Shavit-sama wrote:

I had my own stupid excuse of my mousepad being cold and that it makes moving my mouse very hard and now when I think about it, it's not that bad.
Get a cloth mousepad? ;A Warm and comfy, drinks your tears and blood.
+1
NinjaNick
When I got a tablet I could tell the difference in a day or two. I became much, much better. It depends on the person though.
r u b y y
The mouse tablet war in this thread is insane. It's all based on preference, some people like tablet, some people like mouse.
DeletedUser_4041880

4ever8bit wrote:

The mouse tablet war in this thread is insane. It's all based on preference, some people like tablet, some people like mouse.
+1
show more