forum

[Web] Volume for preview? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Metruzero
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi
uh.-.... use your sound panel... i don't support this
Derekku
Yeah, this is going to get shot down pretty quickly. Just use your own volume >.>;
Nakata Yuji
+1
At ^: What's the point of in-game volume then?
RemmyX25

Nakata Yuji wrote:

+1
OP is talking about the previews on the website, not in-game.
Nakata Yuji

RemmyX25 wrote:

Nakata Yuji wrote:

+1
OP is talking about the previews on the website, not in-game.
I know. The people above me are saying that it's pointless. I am stating that if it's pointless, then in game volume wouldn't exist.
Derekku
On the website =/= In-game
Nakata Yuji

Derekku Chan wrote:

On the website =/= In-game
That's.... obvious...
They're saying that it really doesn't have a point if you can use the main volume control. If that is truly the case, then how is having a separate sound control in osu! useful? Or anything, for that matter?

Answer: It IS useful, and thus, this is too.
Derekku
All games have a volume control. Websites shouldn't need one. You're lucky that there's even a preview online, since I've seen other websites for rhythm games that don't have any such thing. Anyway, it's not like this is a video website or music player that would have a lot of audio. Is it really necessary to have to add a volume control for 10 second audio clips?
Nakata Yuji

Derekku Chan wrote:

All games have a volume control. Websites shouldn't need one. You're lucky that there's even a preview online, since I've seen other websites for rhythm games that don't have any such thing. Anyway, it's not like this is a video website or music player that would have a lot of audio. Is it really necessary to have to add a volume control for 10 second audio clips?
Is it necessary? That's not the question.
Is it useful? It certainly is, and volume control can't be that hard to implement, as it's client-sided.
Derekku
Here's the main problem: It wouldn't be useful because it wouldn't affect one's own computer volume. Example: If one already has their main volume down, then volume control wouldn't do anything (same as in-game). They'd have to turn their pc's volume up anyway, thus rendering a control online useless. I'm not arguing anymore. :P Denying.
peppy
None of the posts after the first in this thread make sense. That said, I don't *think* we need this.