forum

Option to display the hit circle above the judging text [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Explorer09
I'm new to osu! and I found one thing really annoying to me.
(Sorry if this feature is requested already)

When there're multiple hit circles overlapping each other, and one of them is clicked, the judging text ("激 300") will mask the other hit circles. Therefore I can't see them and missed them.

I suggest that an option should be added that forces the hit circles to be displayed above those judging texts, so I may know there ARE circles underneath the one I just clicked.

Thanks
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Explorer09
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sinistro
There are some things that are so integral to gameplay, such an important and basic part of what osu! is, they can never change or be given an option to change. This is one of those things.

It's not as hard to tell how many circles are in a stack as you'd think: first off and most importantly, you have the approach circles (the rings that get smaller and smaller around the circles you must hit) to let you know how many circles are there. Second, the rhythm of the music can guide you; don't just rely on what you see to hit the notes, but also on what you hear. Third, when circles are on top of each other, they stack, having a small part of their lower right visible. And fourth, you can sometimes use the numbers as a hint; for example, if you see a stack of circles starting with 1 and shortly after another circle some distance away from the stack appears and has a "4" on it, you have one more clue that the stack has three circles.

Keep playing, and I'm sure you'll soon find that stacked circles pose little problem to you :)
Topic Starter
Explorer09

Gemi
Your suggestion would look incredibly bad. That said, I also don't like the fact that map elements are hidden, but I don't see another better solution that would look good.
Gabi
this is my workaround. (also comes in blue and bronz?)

this is from Daru's Hikari skin.

Ekaru