forum

[Std only] Clean (ALL HAIL DOWNLOAD BUTTON!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle

also here's a video if you want to see this skin in action

How awful that most of skins don't use serif fonts!. anyway I try to make the skin clean as possible. As title said

Feautures:
- using only one kind of gradient and outer glow
- simple mod icons
- somewhat flat design
- abuses R:0 , G:170 , B:255

Fonts Used:
Roboto | Plak LT BlackCondensed | BankGothic Md BT | Crillee | Times New Roman

http://download1346.mediafire.com/g72fzkv2n8ig/b2z915b6pei5t06/old+skin+template+reborn.osk
http://download1346.mediafire.com/19acsa7i6vhg/qhrb4rptldz9bbm/old+skin+template+reborn.zip

PS: and using only sans serif fonts is too mainstream!
[ Pingu ]
Wait...it makes no sense. The title says 'Clear' and the banner says 'Clean'...wat.
Eizan Arizawa
looks like it's only a shapes with outer glow and many spread in outer glow, anyway i like the simple mods good job vahn10!!!

OMGPingu wrote:

Wait...it makes no sense. The title says 'Clear' and the banner says 'Clean'...wat.
lol i didn't notice that :?
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle
Lol I was going to hurry up on this one
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle
Download link is here!
Garin
it's well made but i feel its lacking something, can't put my finger on it though..

keep it up :P
DeletedUser_4041880
The HP bar looks like it came from another skin. I can't remember which skin though
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle
Self made from the template though (the old one)
FlyingNeko
This would look better if you stuck to one font throughout the whole skin (disregarding score and default). I would personally prefer smaller cursors and smaller score numbers because being that large distract me and I'm not charmed by the dark glow on some elements.
I wouldn't say that this skin is actually "clean" since it isn't that aesthetically pleasing by my standards. But other than that, the skin plays normally and does its job.

vahn10 wrote:

How awful that most of skins don't use serif fonts!. anyway I try to make the skin clean as possible.
I see that you only used one serif font but used a variety of other sans serif fonts. It's an irony how you say most skins don't use serif. Honestly, serifs are old and are so 1400's.

There is always room for improvement though.

Sorry for being serious.
Elzapatoverde

FlyingNeko wrote:

I see that you only used one serif font but used a variety of other sans serif fonts. It's an irony how you say most skins don't use serif. Honestly, serifs are old and are so 1400's.
Serifs aren't necessary bad, the can be really elegant IN THE RIGHT CONTEXT... and that is mostly printed work.

The skin looks messy, there are too many fonts with different styles, and the ranking panel is the perfect example. You can't mix a font such as Times or a font from that family (the "retry" "replay" buttons) with a relatively modern font like Futura Black (the back button), the same happens with the "Perfect" and "Ranking" signs and the hitbursts.

I'm sorry if I'm being too rude, but you have to decide on a style, otherwise the skin wont look clean, it will look messy.
Topic Starter
Ayesha Altugle
I really don't know how to mixfonts properly since I'm just a newbie for it so forgive if it sounds rude for you guys
deadbeat
why have the ranking-X.png has an X, but ranking-X-small as SS?
i feel like the spinner-metre needs a bit more to it