forum

Playing to much Osu leads to?

posted
Total Posts
show more
hellcruser

Critical Dude wrote:

I know someone else who plays this game and got CTS but he/she is getting surgery soon.

EDIT: Also there is a typo in this title (grammatical error: the first "to" should be "too")
yeah it's an easy peasy surgery .. but still he will stop osu! for a while :P
[ Stellar ]
Good thing you turned your sensitivity down, because quick jerky movements can lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) real fast.
Since your fairly new to osu, I know it can be fun and addicting. But I advise you to take long breaks (days worth), or else you're going to regret it.
From the beginning two months when I started, I had similar symptoms like yours; my hand was shaky and it was hard to move it around.
If you don't want CTS, then take those long breaks and stop playing as much (10 hours....)

Your health is what is most important to you, not a game.
yumether
e
Critical Dude

hellcruser wrote:

Critical Dude wrote:

I know someone else who plays this game and got CTS but he/she is getting surgery soon.

EDIT: Also there is a typo in this title (grammatical error: the first "to" should be "too")
yeah it's an easy peasy surgery .. but still he will stop osu! for a while :P
Welp, it's permanent for the person I'm talking about, can only play for an hour.
B1rd
It's pretty obvious that if you play 10 hours a day you're gonna get a sore hand... just pace yourself, if it hurts too much take a break and your body will repair itself. Though as for me, after months of playing I noticed my hand doesn't tend to get sore as it used to, I think it's just adapted like it should.

As for carpal tunnel, it's nothing you need to worry about really. If you do get it you can get surgery to fix it.
Kritzkingvoid
I'm gonna go blind soon and wear some glasses
benjanyan
-
AutoMedic

CDFA wrote:

if you're a certain someone, you can also lose an eye from playing osu ;w;

*cough* Cookiezi *cough*
Nub1
Playing too much osu could kill ur fingers
Senpoii
I remember when my hand hurt like crazy when I first started... It's cause you're not used to all the movement like this... Play a bit less and take more breaks, the pain will go away after a bit.
10 hours is fairly excessive, cut it down a bit.
Witch Mercy
Bwahaha I remember when I used to play non-stop lol
Now I play a few songs and I get bored because I keep fucking them up.
Um, you gotta take breaks in between those long hours and let your eyes and hands/arms rest.
DeletedUser_4041880
Too much Osu leads to seeing circles everywhere
Lewder
still waiting for the autism post
RedRain
Kouya-
The temptation of seeing and touching circles everywhere .

And my 100th Post, so happy ^~^ (Not that anyone cares, really)
Shunpo_old_1
P r o m i s e s
Playing too much osu would lead into this:

Copy pasted from a different thread.

Pozepi
You will get used to it soon~
ZenoDiac
Any fairly round object on a white background will remind you of osu!
WindowCurtin

Lewder wrote:

still waiting for the autism post
Pozepi
You should amputate your hand, its pretty much useless by now~
neurosis
why have there been multiple threads of people asking why their hands hurt after playing an unhealthy amount?? i wouldn't think this connection would be hard to make
Rio-
RSI or Carpal Tunnel (or both of them)
DeletedUser_4041880

emmy wrote:

why have there been multiple threads of people asking why their hands hurt after playing an unhealthy amount?? i wouldn't think this connection would be hard to make
They lack common sense
Aerynolae

P r o m i s e s wrote:

Playing too much osu would lead into this:

Copy pasted from a different thread.

My thoughts exactly. It scared the crap out of me on my first month of playing.
I've been used to it ever since. Circles everywhere, rasta.
DeletedUser_2880482
;
kirueggy
Hidden players be like "what circles?"
piruchan
Just saying. I went to an eye doctor last night to get my eyes checked, and now I need cylindrical lens.
Revy-
Hey guys i have no idea how u can gain so many injuries. I play like 4 hours every day. I don't feel any pain at all. Maybe sometimes i need to massage my arm but that isnt a problem.

Playing too much osu leads too