forum

osu! and Something New [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Torran
Ouendan/EBA has introduced the hit circle, the slider, and the spinner. But what has osu! introduced?

Your job is to think of one or more creative new game elements that osu! can introduce, not found in Ouendan/EBA and (at least try) not found in any other rhythm game. This new game element should be usable many times in a map, can have an approach circle wrap around it, involves action with the cursor, [insert here], [insert here], and [insert here].

This request is completely crazy but at least you will make osu! feel more special and not a ripoff of Ouendan. This request is not to be confused as a new mode as it is an add-on of a current mode. Please remember that this mode was "based on the gameplay of a variety of popular commercial rhythm games" which means that it doesn't have to be exactly like Ouendan/EBA and that we are allowed to add to it to further enhance your experience here at osu!
RemmyX25
A large community.

Oh wait, i think I'm reading this wrong, and maybe I have the wrong idea? I don't quite understand...

Shouldn't this be in General Discussion, and ask what has already made osu! different from Ouendan/EBA? If so, I could ramble off a few things
Azure_Kite
I think he means think of new things part from the hit circle, sliders and spinners, that could be added to osu!
anonymous_old
Layola_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
Darrinub?
Topic Starter
Torran
@Azure_Kyte and Layola: Correct.
peppy
What is this shit? Sorry, but no.