forum

85.45% accuracy - what can I do to improve this?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun
Osu! is the type of game you automatically get better at the more you play, but I've always had 80-85% accuracy and it doesn't seem like my accuracy is getting better.. My overall performance has been improving a lot lately: http://puu.sh/8uKis.png ( especially these last 9 days .. ) but my accuracy is still very low compared to others ( I see a lot of players with 95%+ )

Is this something that will just slowly get better or do I have to change the way I play? Should I take anything special into account? Should I just keep playing maps I can't really complete ( to improve faster ) or should I play easy maps and really focus on my accuracy?
DeletedUser_4041880
Your accuracy will naturally increase as you play more and slowly improve

//Also wtf 3,289 play count and you're at lvl 37
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun

Frostei wrote:

//Also wtf 3,289 play count and you're at lvl 37

Is that good or bad? What does it even mean?

I don't understand the lvl system at all..
Vuelo Eluko
your top 20 performances determine your accuracy
Noobsicle
t/99612 accuracy section

think you need to play easier songs, at least try to achieve S ranks on easy songs until you feel confident enough to step up the difficulty
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun

Noobsicle wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99612 accuracy section

think you need to play easier songs, at least try to achieve S ranks on easy songs until you feel confident enough to step up the difficulty

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that but playing these easy songs that you pass on the first try is so incredibly boring ):

I'll probably do it anyways but it's not that fun
DeletedUser_4041880
Imo just play maps you enjoy/like. It's not really worth playing Osu if you're going to do something that you dislike. Just don't worry about accuracy and have fun
deletemyaccount
If you check your top ranks on your profile page, most of your top pp scores are probably low accuracy (c's and b's). If you can improve your accuracy on these same beatmaps, you'll find your accuracy increasing significantly. If you can't get good accuracy on these beatmaps and beat your older scores, I guess you'll have to improve and try them again later.
Coffee Hero
When he says easy he doesn't literally mean an easy difficulty. If you want to improve accuracy play maps that you can get about 95% on, playing maps with higher OD and with a lot more circles than sliders will also improve your accuracy.
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun
Thanks for the replies. I improved some of my older ranks and my accuracy improved a bit.
iderekmc

Pretzel-kun wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I improved some of my older ranks and my accuracy improved a bit.
also play with over 200 fps if u can
Blueprint
Focus on accuracy disregard your combo
dung eater
You will get better at it over time if you just keep playing. Focus on hitting the notes, listen to how the hitsounds sound. It should sounds bad if you aren't hitting them at the right time. Good if you hit them at the right time. I didn't get over 90% accuracy on my profile before i was level 90 :A

You could stop submitting low accuracy scores if you are really worried about the number on the webpage, but that won't help you get any more accurate :A
Karuta-_old_1
play hard songs, then switch to easier song and get higher accuracy ~98%
aizhid
Have the same trouble.

Just look at my profile :D, nothing can be done, just play more?
xasuma
Listen to the music a bit more