forum

Streaming at different speeds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SushiBottle
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has tips on streaming at different speeds.

I can stream at fast speeds (200+ BPM), but not at slow speeds. When I stream slowly I lose consistent speed or fail to have the right beat and it seems too fast for me to get the right beat but too slow for me to just stream at the speed I normally stream and they're usually what mess me up on the combos.
Coffee Hero
restrict yourself to only playing slower bpm songs with streams. Heres some maps https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtMS8U9u-0dKdHBoTEdJc28yWkEzV3NxczlYRjlKWmc&usp=sharing#gid=0
Woobowiz

SushiBottle wrote:

I can stream at fast speeds (200+ BPM), but not at slow speeds. When I stream slowly I lose consistent speed or fail to have the right beat and it seems too fast for me to get the right beat but too slow for me to just stream at the speed I normally stream and they're usually what mess me up on the combos.
Listening closely to the song is a very nice way to catch onto the stream speed.

If you stream too fast or too slow, it just means you're guessing on the stream speed without actually listening to the song.

It's pretty rare (as in almost impossible) to find a Ranked map with the stream not matching up to the beat of the song.

EDIT: In terms of slow streams, it's common to also see it as an 1/16th time interval (relative to singles at 1/4th time)
Vuelo Eluko
those tiny repeat sliders almost always give away the exact tempo of the streams

pay attention to hitsounds during them.

y u not playing woobo? cookiezi v2 pls
Bauxe
Are you streaming?

Or spamming?
meteor22
no its very normal once you are used to stream fast not to be able to stream accurately low bpm

it simply means you never really learned to stream low bpm, but it does not matter you don't need it to stream high bpm
Mathsma

meteor22 wrote:

no its very normal once you are used to stream fast not to be able to stream accurately low bpm

it simply means you never really learned to stream low bpm, but it does not matter you don't need it to stream high bpm
Knowing how to stream slowly does matter. If you can't, it means you don't have finger control. Finger control is necessary to be accurate.
meteor22
As long as you clear the high bpm streams with good accuracy there is no problem.

There is an awkward gap between 150 bpm and 180 bpm where its very difficult for me to stream (i alternate)
Mathsma

meteor22 wrote:

As long as you clear the high bpm streams with good accuracy there is no problem.

There is an awkward gap between 150 bpm and 180 bpm where its very difficult for me to stream (i alternate)
Then you have no finger control and it explains why your accuracy is 94%.
meteor22
my accuracy is 94% because i used to singletap even though i am an alternating player

and i don't know what you are talking about finger control

in my opinion finger speed is what really matters
Bauxe

meteor22 wrote:

in my opinion finger speed is what really matters
No wonder you have 94% accuracy.
Noobsicle
i remember someone saying something about someone saying to press keys harder when you're streaming on low bpm to have more control
xasuma

Shirokami- wrote:

restrict yourself to only playing slower bpm songs with streams. Heres some maps https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtMS8U9u-0dKdHBoTEdJc28yWkEzV3NxczlYRjlKWmc&usp=sharing#gid=0

omg ty for this
Mathsma

Noobsicle wrote:

i remember someone saying something about someone saying to press keys harder when you're streaming on low bpm to have more control
Vuelo Eluko

Mathsma wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

Didn't he died?
Coffee Hero

xasuma wrote:

Shirokami- wrote:

omg ty for this
thank ranefire not me
B1rd
Play long stream practice, 120 bpm, retry and repeat (a few hundred times and you should be good)
nooblet
You probably think you can stream high BPM's because your fingers just naturally mash at that rate. Unless you can clear a good hundred notes with 95+ accuracy you're probably not streaming, just getting lucky with mashing. Which is pretty much what I do.

Force yourself to play slow streams. Listen to the beat and the hitsounds.

meteor22 wrote:

Alternating is not an excuse for not being able to stream slowly. I alternate as well.
Rewben2

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Mathsma wrote:

Didn't he died?

Noobsicle wrote:

Yes, he said this. It works kinda well I'd say, not that I can stream accurately anyways. thelewa had another episode and is gone for the time being.
iderekmc

SushiBottle wrote:

this
show more