forum

How did you found Osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Feast
Probably Boxbox on his twitch channel, he plays some Osu! between games, I believe I found it like that, I'm not 100% sure tho
BeyondNero
I was browsing Reddit on how to get faster reflex/response time in games, specifically in CS:Global Offensive, so i found a Reddit on the fastest pace games and in that list there was Osu! The name caught my attention so i searched it, saw a few game plays on YouTube thought it was some level of inhuman shit, then i got hooked tried it a bit and i love it, hell it might replace CS:GO now :)

After playing for some time, i then went and did the stupidest thing ever, i googled: "The best osu! player ever" i was shocked, stumped and baffled by the amazing and unbelievable skills of these so called humans, JUST FUCKING WOW!!

POST#1
feebeewoo
I found it when searching Irony by ClariS on youtube :D
Critical Dude
Kods...
Arcanine
peppy broke into my house and forced me to play osu for the rest of my life
MimiliaaMyMommy
I was playing a whole other game and a friend of me on there told me to come play it in the end I came like 6 months after he asked me to come XD
Yocake
QQ group...
NinjaNick
On another forum someone started a thread about it, so I downloaded it and have been playing since.
Lybydose
I didn't found Osu! I'm pretty sure peppy did that.
yeahyeahyeahhh

Lybydose wrote:

I didn't found Osu! I'm pretty sure peppy did that.
/thread
Toukai
I was playing the japanese version of the DS Game and thought there wasnt enough songs so I searched google and boom
yeahyeahyeahhh

-[Kirito]- wrote:

I was playing the japanese version of the DS Game and thought there wasnt enough songs so I searched google and boom
No you didn't. I'm sure peppy didn't just google and boom osu! was founded.
Jlastino
I searched "Free Good Rhyhtm Games for PC" and osu! was on the list.
yeahyeahyeahhh
I had a feeling none of you have any idea how osu! was founded.
WingSilent
Found it from my friends on Steam. Thanks to them! ♥
Varetyr
I'm wondering how long will it take for people to get Lybydose / yyy's joke
DeletedUser_2880482
A friend introduced it to me and I got hooked. . .
Also the time I started watching anime again so I went and got BMs of their OPs and EDs
Jlastino

Varetyr wrote:

I'm not sure if the thread itself is trollbait :?
Aruka
http://www.twitch.tv/tsm_dyrus This fucking guy is the reason for my almost year of suffering.
Yuuki Asuna
My brother showed it to me :3
yeahyeahyeahhh

Jlastino wrote:

Varetyr wrote:

I'm not sure if the thread itself is trollbait :?
Judging by the amount of emoticons used in OP, I don't think so.
ggsnipess
This guy https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Mierak, I asked him what game was it, he showed me, now I'm in the never ending loop.
sesh
AutoMedic
Lol weird story, here it goes

My friends and i play league. While we we're playing, I made a not-so-frickin-awesome Zed play. After that, one of my friends said my fingers have a fast reaction time. After we finished the game, he suggested me to play osu! Surprisingly, my response time has been a little bit faster since then :)
DeletedUser_3905941
was watching a couple of final fantasy videos when i saw Heibel's big black video as a suggestion
Kettlerr
yumether
e
Toyface
Saw someone play it on a League of Legends stream and said HEY That looks like fun! xD
naliem
I found osu thanks to a videogame forum, in a thread where we used to talk about waifus and other things.

But I had already seen it on a Twitch stream of League of Legends...
DahplA
Found it while watching a video on YouTube. Insta-Addiction :3
wzz_old
From someone who mentioned it on MAL, but I didn't google it until 1 week later.

And the title is obviously a trap.
kaminishi_old
I found it on someone's signature. Already a Vocaloid fan.
wzz_old

kaminishi wrote:

I found it on someone's signature. Already a Vocaloid fan.
Being a Vocaloid fan would be easier to find this game compared to gamers and anime fans, since this is a rhythm game and Vocaloid fans tend to spend their time more on Youtube I suppose.
mareee
I started to play with friend who seen osu on twitch.tv,so he stopped to play after a week and i got addicted to this shit and cant stop to play,9 months btw XD
GIJoey
Lmao around 2 years ago I was really in to the old rock songs and I stumbled upon the "Queen - Don't stop me now" beatmap and i thought "hey this looks kinda fun!" so i downloaded it. I soon found out that this game was flooded with Japanese/anime songs and I didn't like those at all so i only played around 5 English maps until i got bored/frustrated and quit.

In the summer, around June '13, I found a game on the app store called "Cytus". You had to tap circles on a screen, basically. Around that time I started to like anime so I didn't mind the Japanese music. I loved that game to bits. Got hooked on it and just played and played. It was then that I found a love for the rhythm genre. Now, Cytus only has like 100 songs (around 60 playable for free after the initial purchase of the game) and I wanted to play more!

Then I remembered this game, and I thought maybe I'd give it a try to hold me over...

...Still hooked. ;)
MrBakpao
get from friend and crazy play until now
Downsy
r
Dilectus
Brettedward recommended it to me. Best recommendation ever.
ceschierpadua
I found it in facebook by accident. I tried the game for a bit and it was actually pretty fun
Taadashi
I found out from a swedish stepmaniaplayer's youtube channel. :P
show more