forum

Kamidori Alchemy Meister

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AskonNox
Hey guys i got hooked up some months ago on this game but unfortunatly lost my savegames. So these days i thought about starting it again and now i'm sitting here wondering if anyone here has played this game?
If you did and you liked it, could you recommend me something similiar?
Please note that this game is a eroge, meaning there is sexual content. I don't want to talk about these here since that would probably be against the rules ( besides the h-scenes suck).

About the game:

Basically the story is about the protagonist called Will who is trying to become a great Alchemist while maintaining his workshop. In order to become a great Alchemist he takes quests to make himself a name in the alchemy guild.
The game starts with Will taking his first test to get his License and shortly after that meeting the 3 main heroins of the game, Yuela, Emelita,Servalwi. These three will become Wills guardians.

Gameplay:

You progress with the story being told with lots of dialogs, inbetween you can take quests, go to the arena where you can fight to get money and items, maintain your workshop(crafting new items,weapons,armor,merchandise to improve your workshop).
The actuall fighting is not really complicated. You choose the destination and the party members you want to take with you. In your turns you can move across the map, attack enemys, use items, deploy new party members/dismiss party members. One important thing is, while exploring the map you have to look out for harvesting places where you can send your party members to obtain lots of material used for crafting.

My opininon of the game:

I enjoyed this game pretty much and i still enjoy it. The main reason for this is the crafting and grinding aspect.
The story and the characters are just as stereotypically as in most games. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad or annoying, its just that when you have seen enough animes, played enough games, you will know that its hard to make a original game with original character. Taking this aside what really made me fall in love with this game, is that it doesn't have fancy overloaded animations or extraordinary gameplay. Its a simple s-rpg with a simple story making it a great game.

Kamidori alchemy Meister!
kirueggy
http://vndb.org/c7215

reminds me of

http://vndb.org/c5465

Then again they're both from Eushully games sooo
Yonpachi_old

kirukashi wrote:

http://vndb.org/c7215

reminds me of

http://vndb.org/c5465

Then again they're both from Eushully games sooo
just like kirukashi said, if you like Kamidori then you should try another Eushully's game
Soukoku no Arterial and Madou Koukaku already have interface patch. I haven't try Madou but for Soukoku, it's just like Kamidori.
Male doesn't have VA lol. and so much similiar appearance from the char. it's Eushully afterall xD
kirueggy
Soukoku no arterial really needs an english patch though, only reason why I've gotten somewhere is from randomly clicking lol
blissfulyoshi
As a note, we have been talking about Kamidori (and other Eushully games) from time to time in p/1371909
Topic Starter
AskonNox

blissfulyoshi wrote:

As a note, we have been talking about Kamidori (and other Eushully games) from time to time in p/1371909
oh thanks i haven't seen that one o.O

I tried to look up some other eushully games but i haven't found any patches for them, but tbh that was also some time ago :/
Recently i saw that Eushully was releasing a new game, it might be out already. I would really wish for a translation patch for that :V

So any recommendation besides eushully games? xD

@NickFreja

Soukoku no Arterial looks pretty interesting, im gonna keep an eye on that one thanks!

Edit: Wait!! i just looked again on vndb.org it says it has a english patch! Its only gameplay tho but better than nothing right?
kirueggy
In that case I have no idea where to find it @_@_@_@__@_@_@
Yonpachi_old
@NickFreja

Soukoku no Arterial looks pretty interesting, im gonna keep an eye on that one thanks!

Edit: Wait!! i just looked again on vndb.org it says it has a english patch! Its only gameplay tho but better than nothing right?
yup interface patch. both soukoku and madou already have that. soukoku for turn base card, madou for real time strategy. as for dialog, I'm using translator even it sucks. better than nothing ;w;
Topic Starter
AskonNox
Ok so i decided to start Kamidori again (finally able to get it again but now saves so i'll start over again :/ )
I think this will keep me going for some time :D
Just a question in which genre would you sort this kind of game in? Its called s-rpg isn't it?
The only thing that pops into my mind would be the breath of fire series but tbh its also quite in the past where i played breath of fire :O