forum

Is it even possible...

posted
Total Posts
show more
GoldenWolf
even if you memorize a map almost perfectly you will perform worse on something you can't or can barely read

I don't think anyone can pass big black on DT
TheVileOne
You can if you put Easy mode on as well.
jesse1412
Yes to hr.
Only scarlet rose with dt.

/thread
Kouya-
It could be possible if you use your imagination enough .

Pretzel-kun wrote:

To complete maps like Atama no Taisou, The Big Black, Scarlet Rose, etc on Double Time or hard rock?

Just a random question..
WWW did Big Black HDHR, Scarlet Rose was already HDHR'd by rrtyui and WWW, Atama no Taisou is definitely able to be cleared with HR. I guess Scarlet Rose could be done with dt.
iWhorse

TheVileOne wrote:

You can if you put Easy mode on as well.
im pretty sure the streams would still instakill you unless you can stream like 300 anyways

edit: all 3 times

2nd edit: tried it myself, maybe not lmao
Szelma

GoldenWolf wrote:

winber1 wrote:

i would assume cookiezi or rrtyui would be able to beat big black with dt with enough effort. with their streaming potential and accuracy, I honestly don't see a reason why they couldn't dt big black. rrtyui has also shown his ability to fc 270BPM jumps, and stream accurate at that BPM as well. that's just my opinion though. obviously no one fc dt big black, but i would say a few people may be able to beat it.
And how do you deal with AR11?
Is there something like AR11 in this game? Even playing on ar10 map + hr everything looks still like ar 10 only circles are smaller. Or it's only my feeling?
Playing on notebook so i don't even feel ar10, on pc it's a lot harder.
Rewben2

Szelma wrote:

Is there something like AR11 in this game? Even playing on ar10 map + hr everything looks still like ar 10 only circles are smaller. Or it's only my feeling?
http://puu.sh/21pjt
You're correct, ar10 with hr is ar10.

I extremely doubt anyone will be passing the big black with dt anytime soon. I doubt it would be passable even if it weren't ar11 which makes it a lot more difficult.
GoldenWolf

Szelma wrote:

AR10 + DT is AR11 (going from 450 to 300ms)
AR10 + HR is still AR10 though
winber1

Saint wrote:

winber1 wrote:

i would assume cookiezi or rrtyui would be able to beat big black with dt with enough effort
u high man lol

edit: no
would you like to join me in some 420
[BAR] Rei
meh. If it's eyes only, I kinda read most of the big black on DT, as the patterns are mostly predictable. With enough experience and memorization ; I'm convinced it's possible, at least for the mind. Having one's hands follow is a whole different thing. I doubt it's physically impossible, but I also doubt anyone will ever manage.
GoldenWolf

THE_GH0ST wrote:

meh. If it's eyes only, I kinda read most of the big black on DT
That's not reading though
NinjaNick
Nothing is impossible.
B1rd
Actually some stuff is impossible...

I'm sure someone could SS AR11 if they memorised the song.. but I am dubious about DT
iderekmc
found this
PeeweeKagamine-
i think i saw someone with the nickname "osu!" plays it perfectly with HR and DT

nah im kidding

"Is it even possible..."

and ur answer is... NO
eldnl
sure why not
smallfry
TBH
I think most of us say it's impossible because no one has done it yet or is even close to, but I'd give it a few years until someone does it.
FC? No probably not even close.
But atleast passing it with a C or something I think is possible but just a lot of time and dedication to reach that point which would take years.
TheVileOne
Well it is theoretically possible at least for two players. Taiko players have been able to zx Mad Machine's 1/8th streams at least for short bursts. I'm not sure how one figures out how fast that is.

270 BPM 1/8th notes compared to Double time 540 BPM 1/2th notes

They would both be 540 bpm if I'm not mistaken.

At least someone could theoretically complete the streaming part. Following the notes is a different question though. I'm certain two different players could pass the map. One focuses on streaming and the other moves the input device.
Vuelo Eluko

TheVileOne wrote:

Well it is theoretically possible at least for two players. Taiko players have been able to zx Mad Machine's 1/8th streams at least for short bursts. I'm not sure how one figures out how fast that is.

270 BPM 1/8th notes compared to Double time 540 BPM 1/2th notes

They would both be 540 bpm if I'm not mistaken.

At least someone could theoretically complete the streaming part. Following the notes is a different question though. I'm certain two different players could pass the map. One focuses on streaming and the other moves the input device.
Shizuru- and Hakurei Reimu did a dual play of image material
it was pretty rough

I think it would be harder with 2 people than one..

unless they practiced together a LOT i suppose.. but how would that work? 2 people on one account...
aizhid
cookiezi did 2 of thoose on 99%+ acc. but he broke combo midway on both also.
hehe

GoldenWolf wrote:

Blueprint wrote:

Soo how longl you think untill somebody starts DT HR HD instead of HD DT
Already been done on some easy insanes at around 120bpm
ahem emperorpenguin83...
he has done a few ar11s already.
Saint_old

tastystew wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

Already been done on some easy insanes at around 120bpm
ahem emperorpenguin83...
he has done a few ar11s already.
you mean emperorcheater83
meteor22
nobody can read AR 11, the few people who managed to rank some scores on AR11 memorized the map and the map was easy to begin with