forum

Storyboarding: frameDelay error [#107] [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
Just as a refresher, below is the documentation for how SB animations work in osu!:

Animation:
Animation,"layer","origin","filepath",x,y,frameCount,frameDelay,looptype
_event,easing,starttime,endtime,[params]
_event, [...]
_event, [...]
I'm trying to get a 4-frame animation to loop with the beat of a song but the frameDelay parameter isn't doing what it claims to do. Suppose there are 666ms between beats - thus, the framerate should be 666/4 or ~167ms per frame (this is the parameter "frameDelay"). However, when I specify a frameCount of 4 and a frameDelay of 167, the animation is playing nearly three times the speed it is supposed to. Note: according to the documentation, "[...],4,167" should have a loop time of approximately exactly 668ms, however the animation loops much faster than that. I can get the animation almost in sync with the beat with a frameDelay value of around 430ms (meaning total animation time should be 1720ms), but it's still not correct regardless of what I set it to, and 430ms just doesn't make any sense.

tl;dr - frameDelay is not being handled correctly and will not hold the animation for the specified timeframe.

tried this on osu!b1148.test and osu!b1122 on all three frame limiter modes
Gens
Ah, was about to report this one. I've been working on a storyboard too, and I can't seem to get the animation in sync. I tried many methods to do it, but then I realized it was just a bug.
YoshiKart
Curious, no?

My complicated workaround was to loop fade many images at the same movement position to get a correct framedelay working, but it can get pretty tedious with more fluid animations, and if you need to storyboard a fade effect...
>_>
anonymous_old

YoshiKart wrote:

Curious, no?

My complicated workaround was to loop fade many images at the same movement position to get a correct framedelay working, but it can get pretty tedious with more fluid animations, and if you need to storyboard a fade effect...
>_>
Psssh it's easy with .osq. =]
Gens
Something weird I just noticed: the storyboard gets correctly synced if you watch it with DoubleTime.

Great, now I'll need to go to Solo to test my Storyboard. =[
Topic Starter
awp
bumping this so someone will confirm and log

unless I can just confirm my own bug and log it
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.