forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Got pp today after a 4 day break from osu! because I was doing a 100% completion rate of FFXII:IZJS (took 91 hours, including Yiazmat)

Anyways.....
winber1
if your ss count goes above 20 i will have to abandon you
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

winber1 wrote:

if your ss count goes above 20 i will have to abandon you
senpai why ;w;
Piine
and then we ask if Woobowiz is ever going to play a different mode :|
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Sulker wrote:

I'm indifferent about CtB
osu!mania is not my cup of tea, would prefer Beatmania (or an O2Jam private server ;w; )
I suck at Taiko
cheezstik

Woobowiz wrote:

Sulker wrote:

I'm indifferent about CtB
osu!mania is not my cup of tea, would prefer Beatmania (or an O2Jam private server ;w; )
I suck at Taiko
I started taiko a while back, I've realized taiko is literally standard HR minus the aim aspect - accuracy and fast as fk reading.
Gumpy

Woobowiz wrote:

Beatmania
Beatmania does not even work for me as in I can't disable auto on it.
Varetyr

Woobowiz wrote:

Got pp today after a 4 day break from osu! because I was doing a 100% completion rate of FFXII:IZJS (took 91 hours, including Yiazmat)
Actually that's pretty fast man
Congrats
Nub1
its been more or less 5 months since the last time I came to visit this thread, I just passing by and..

4kppwtf?

and why you dont play with HD?
[-Cloud-]

Adicchi wrote:

its been more or less 5 months since the last time I came to visit this thread, I just passing by and..

4kppwtf?

Because you need to listen to the music.
chainpullz

Adicchi wrote:

4kppwtf?

If you can't get higher than 99% with hidden then you actually are probably better off playing without it. Chances are your accuracy with hidden is lower than with nomod and 99% nomod is equivalent to 98% hidden without the added frustration that hidden can provide.
laref

chainpullz wrote:

Adicchi wrote:

4kppwtf?

If you can't get higher than 99% with hidden then you actually are probably better off playing without it. Chances are your accuracy with hidden is lower than with nomod and 99% nomod is equivalent to 98% hidden without the added frustration that hidden can provide.
That only really matters if you're out to maximize pp for effort or something.
nrl
haters gon hate on mah hd
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
I like how nervousness makes my accuracy suffer if I play a map for too long.
tecu

laref wrote:

That only really matters if you're out to maximize pp for effort or something.
More like maximize the effort for the same pp.
Saphirshroom

Woobowiz wrote:

I like how nervousness makes my accuracy suffer if I play a map for too long.
You know what's really bad? When you play in a cold room AND are nervous. Can't aim for shit with all that trembling :x
Not like I could, anyway. Just makes it even worse.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Remember this map? :D
Soo apparently OD 6 turns 264 bpm at 5.12 stars into a 151 pp play
chainpullz

Woobowiz wrote:

I mean if you mash the quarters sufficiently fast with OD6 the worst you can probably get is 100's.
winber1
that song plays more like one of those val0108 maps, essentially, you could play them as fast singles or spaced streams, and these maps are underrated in general because the difficulty calculator just sees them as slow spaced streams (and the streams are not long), so you don't really get much pp for maps that are like this. if you're going to get pp from high bpm maps, the 1/2 tick needs to have patterns, whereas in that map it''s just spaced streams for the most part.

od will affect pp slightly, but it's not going to make a 200pp play turn into a 150pp play

also the map is only 2 minutes long, so you don't get much extra pp for length either.
silmarilen

winber1 wrote:

od will affect pp slightly, but it's not going to make a 200pp play turn into a 150pp play
but it is
the difference between od8+dt and od6+dt is huge
my score on this is worth 200pp https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=112645
f i z i k

Woobowiz wrote:

why should this give more pp?! it has as much sliders as circles,no good aim needed,just because of the 264 bpm which turn almost irrelevant due to the lack of circles? also its a hard lol,it lacks hard patterns or anything really
[-Cloud-]
+98% on OD6, lol.
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

bullshit i only got like 130...
could less than 3% acc and lolhidden really make over 70pp of difference...
chainpullz

Riince wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

bullshit i only got like 130...
could less than 3% acc and lolhidden really make over 70pp of difference...
1% accuracy makes a huge difference. Hidden is equivalent to an additional 1% accuracy. It adds up really fucking fast.
Vuelo Eluko
eh, 96.64% with HD+DT is 129pp to my 97.01% NC being 128, i think HD being a whole 1% acc worth of difference is an exaggeration.
silmarilen
it doesnt add to your acc, it adds to your acc pp, so if you had 100 acc pp normally, you would have 101 (or i think it was actually 102) now.
for hidden bonus you should mostly look at aim.
chainpullz

Riince wrote:

eh, 96.64% with HD+DT is 129pp to my 97.01% NC being 128, i think HD being a whole 1% acc worth of difference is an exaggeration.
For most maps the 1% figure I'm quoting is at 98% (ie. 98% hidden/99% nomod). Accuracy starts to have a bigger impact on pp the closer you get to 100%. If the breakpoint you are gesturing to holds true for most maps then its clearly not worth it to play hidden unless you truly benefit from the mod (aka placebo) or you are able to break the 98% accuracy point with hidden (I think most people would argue 99% is sufficiently accurate and 98% would therefore be the hidden equivalent).
Maus
This thread sort of makes me wish I documented myself since I started playing
chainpullz

Maus wrote:

Never too late to start.
Rewben2

Maus wrote:

I know, looking back at yourself and seeing how you've progressed is pretty cool. I personally just have a tab in my userpage where I record all milestones and the date it happened.
silmarilen
that's why i never delete videos from my youtube channel, it goes back like 3 years already.
chainpullz

silmarilen wrote:

that's why i never delete videos from my youtube channel, it goes back like 3 years already.
Yeah, I just unlist them (or make them private for the embarrassing ones of me getting happy over passing my first insane with 75% acc or something). Then there are the ones that magically get 500 views despite being like 92% non-fc nomods of marginal difficulty that I wouldn't dare unlist because they attract viewers just based on past popularity...
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
4203 pp now :X
In my personal opinion, I think I'm progressing way too slow, but I guess that's what happens when you have classes and a part time job.
silmarilen

chainpullz wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Yeah, I just unlist them (or make them private for the embarrassing ones of me getting happy over passing my first insane with 75% acc or something). Then there are the ones that magically get 500 views despite being like 92% non-fc nomods of marginal difficulty that I wouldn't dare unlist because they attract viewers just based on past popularity...
i have a video with almost 20k views of some 700 combo score on kokou no sousei [insane]
chainpullz

silmarilen wrote:

i have a video with almost 20k views of some 700 combo score on kokou no sousei [insane]
At least that's 240bpm even if it's pretty much just 120bpm spaced streams. It would still be impressive if it was single tapped (I'm assuming it probably wasn't).
silmarilen
it is singletapped, but the map is super easy, 700 combo is pretty bad.

edit: actually it's only 590 combo lol
ditzix

Woobowiz wrote:

4203 pp now :X
In my personal opinion, I think I'm progressing way too slow, but I guess that's what happens when you have classes and a part time job.
I am 21 and i never had a job, nor earned a single dime. Once you start working, you work untill you retire... Enjoy youth for what it is, you will spend a remainder (good chunk) of your life on a job/carrer latter on. If money is an issue, then it's another story...

Thankfuly, the only thing i have to worry about are studies and getting better at osu. :D
Granger
I consider studies/school/work about as the same thing if we're consuming (lol that brainfart) considering the time you spend for it, the real reason why you have so little time time for fun stuffs when you work is because you also have to take care of your house and/or kids which eats up most of the little free time studies/work leave free.
Studies/school actually eat up more time than work considering the homework you almost always get.
chainpullz

Granger wrote:

I consider studies/school/work about as the same thing if we're consuming (lol that brainfart) considering the time you spend for it, the real reason why you have so little time time for fun stuffs when you work is because you also have to take care of your house and/or kids which eats up most of the little free time studies/work leave free.
Studies/school actually eat up more time than work considering the homework you almost always get.
Or you could just be smart, skip most of your lectures, take standard level classes, make it out with a super high gpa from a well-known uni, and get a high paying job all while having all the free time in the world. God knows if I took engineering math instead of pure math that's what I would be doing right now.

Edit: with that said I attend ~2 hours of lectures each day and the only thing eating into my time besides group work is the 20+ hours of math proofs I have assigned each week.
Top Bunk

chainpullz wrote:

Or you could just be smart, skip most of your lectures, take standard level classes, make it out with a super high gpa from a well-known uni, and get a high paying job all while having all the free time in the world. God knows if I took engineering math instead of pure math that's what I would be doing right now.

Edit: with that said I attend ~2 hours of lectures each day and the only thing eating into my time besides group work is the 20+ hours of math proofs I have assigned each week.
I completely missed the word "it" and I thought the sentence meant something completely different. It's even worse that I considered gpa to mean "grandpa" at first, before realizing how completely stupid I am since the subject of school is being discussed. What is wrong with me.
show more