forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
nrl
Seriously, don't do that. Get a cheap splint and immobilize your wrist if you have to, break that habit. Even a hybrid motion will be better for your wrist and boatloads faster in the long run.
Vuelo Eluko

FlyingKebab wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one that single taps like this :3.
i do too
Zare

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Seriously, don't do that. Get a cheap splint and immobilize your wrist if you have to, break that habit. Even a hybrid motion will be better for your wrist and boatloads faster in the long run.

...wat
nrl
Are you confused about finger-tapping or the wrist splint?
GoldenWolf
I think he's confused about the reason why you'd say that
nrl
Uh... the entire conversation is quoted in the previous post.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
If I wake up tomorrow morning with my wrists still tingly (they're still tingly and static-y right now)

I'm not sure what I'll do.

BUT I will not let this end the road. I will refuse to accept an ending like this.
GoldenWolf
This is the end my friend

No Hand No Dream

Alternatively go see a doctor
winber1
as long as you can fap, it will never end.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
we need more blog threads like this
FlyingKebab
I don't really understand, so as I see it you lift your arm a tad and then bend your wrist upwards to tap afterwards? Or do you only move your whole hand up and down (which is what I do, that hand sometimes stays midair for over half an hour D:). Although if you are doing the first method I don't really see why you would need so much force to push down a key (I push my laptop keys very hard when I need to tap fast, actually I think i would destroy a Green MX Switch like that). But if you are pressing with the second method i mentioned then I don't really see how you could experience any wrist pain whatsoever since the wrist never moves itself.
f i z i k

FlyingKebab wrote:

I don't really understand, so as I see it you lift your arm a tad and then bend your wrist upwards to tap afterwards? Or do you only move your whole hand up and down (which is what I do, that hand sometimes stays midair for over half an hour D:). Although if you are doing the first method I don't really see why you would need so much force to push down a key (I push my laptop keys very hard when I need to tap fast, actually I think i would destroy a Green MX Switch like that). But if you are pressing with the second method i mentioned then I don't really see how you could experience any wrist pain whatsoever since the wrist never moves itself.
using arm only is too unstable. you need to move your wrist aswell,and once you get to higher bpm that makes you feel uncomfortable you will tense up and thats where the pain will eventually kick in (or not). atleast thats how it starts for me

GoldenWolf wrote:

This is the end my friend
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
I just got back from school/work, made some chicken salad (pasta, tomatoes, green lettuce, curry seasoned chicken, some spices on an olive oil base) and started watching talespin on twitch. Not soon after my neighbour started his daily routine of pissing me off with his obnoxiously loud EDM, coupled with a 12" (estimated) woofer. That thing is probably hooked to the wall, or sitting on the floor, because the low register vibrates right through my wall, and even through my DT770 headphones with 54dB of sound isolation.

I'm considering writing him a letter (don't want to show my face to him, or let know where about the complex I live, in case he's some psycho) warning him about the loud music, and that next time he keeps playing it after 10:30PM (time after which residents are to pipe down) I'll just call the cops on him, and should he still not learn his lesson, write a formal complaint to the landlord and get his ass on the street.

Of course if that doesn't work I might just start dropping piss-ice down his letterbox when he sleeps and keep doing it until he gets bored of wiping my dried, reeking piss off his parquet floor every time he wakes up.

Other than that things are fine on this beautiful monday evening.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
I forgot to add that in my salad I also used pineapple. I prefer the kinds that come in chunks in little tin cans.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
CTS/RSI/ARTHRITIS AIN'T GONNA STOP ME

THE "WALL" IS BROKEN
GoldenWolf
THE WALL SHALL FALL ON YOU SOON SON

Woobowiz wrote:

CTS/RSI/ARTHRITIS AIN'T GONNA STOP ME

THE "WALL" IS BROKEN
THE RIDER NEVER FUCKING ENDS
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

GoldenWolf wrote:

THE WALL SHALL FALL ON YOU SOON SON
Joke's on you, I've learned the secret to breaking walls.

SPOILER
ᴾᶫᵃʸ ᵐᵒʳᵉ

Cheese

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Don't do that please use your wrist.
koromo

Cheese wrote:

Don't do that please use your wrist.
Not using your wrist builds stamina faster iirc (since you actually use your fingers, same motion as streaming instead of just hammering with your wrist, something along those lines).
Cheese
Cookiezi did not even move his finger when single tapping.
koromo

Cheese wrote:

Missing the point much? You avoid using your wrist to build streaming stamina/speed/whatever, this is what people refer to as "practice" or "training". Using your wrist won't strain your fingers.

Using your fingers will.
Vuelo Eluko
you build streaming stamina by practicing long streams not singletapping wtf is this
B1rd

koromo wrote:

Cheese wrote:

Missing the point much? You avoid using your wrist to build streaming stamina/speed/whatever, this is what people refer to as "practice" or "training". Using your wrist won't strain your fingers.

Using your fingers will.
using your fingers to singletap to build up finger stamina for streaming is pointless unless you full alternate or change your main finger every song or two. Otherwise your just going to end up with one really strong finger with the other one lagging behind.
nrl

Cheese wrote:

Cookiezi played with Aero on for a year too.
B1rd

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Cheese wrote:

maybe training with aero and compensating for the lag was the reason why he was such a god.. who knows?
Cheese

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Cheese wrote:

I did too.
nrl

Cheese wrote:

I did too.
That's nice.
Cheese

koromo wrote:

Cheese wrote:

Using your fingers will.

How can you type this out and think that it makes sense? Single tapping with your finger is not going to build any kind of stamina and even if it did it would be pointless because, like the Hellsing guy said, you only train one finger.
Noobsicle

Cheese wrote:

koromo wrote:

Using your fingers will.

How can you type this out and think that it makes sense? Single tapping with your finger is not going to build any kind of stamina and even if it did it would be pointless because, like the Hellsing guy said, you only train one finger.
KeigoClear single taps with his finger, and it's not pointless, it's impressive as hell. i don't understand how it wouldn't improve your stamina, seriously, try single-tapping with only your finger: it'll be noticeably slower and more tiring than using your wrist. obviously with more practice (as with everything else), your finger speed/stamina will improve

fkn beast

only training one finger? train the other then, problem solved
silmarilen
using 1 example out of thousands does not really make your argument very strong. pretty much every other high tier player taps with their wrist.
Vuelo Eluko
or you know, train streaming stamina by streaming
Noobsicle

silmarilen wrote:

using 1 example out of thousands does not really make your argument very strong. pretty much every other high tier player taps with their wrist.
i agree, using wrist is easier, but that wasn't the point of my reply

i'm just saying it's stupid to assume using finger-only is "pointless"
nrl
Ideally you would single tap with with nothing but your finger, and you would work both fingers equally. The only reason most people don't do it is because most people don't have the finger independence to match the raw speed of a hybrid motion, but finger-tapping is still more efficient in theory.
Bim

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Cheese wrote:

what is wrong with playing with aero, it makes 0 difference
nrl
Yeah, input lag basically doesn't even matter.
B1rd
You're both wrong, it does matter quite a bit.
Bim
it's clearly not noticeable for me
GoldenWolf
You might be running on a toaster than won't show you the difference between areo and not aero then rip
show more