forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Varetyr
^this topic is called "The Road to Cookiezi-Tier" for a reason, Zare.

And yup congrats WoobWoofWiz ~
I'm pretty sure you can improve that FC on Sayonara Trip though tbh. :)

Btw you should try to HD more often, on some maps it's basically even more free PPs
f i z i k

Zare wrote:

what the fuck
this is even more intense

holy guacamole
kriers

I like you
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

kriers wrote:

I like you
O-oh, w-why thank you
tfg50
Keep improving on that rate and in 1 month you will be able to SS all dem dts.
You know that your improving makes other people sad right? T.T GIFMEURFINGERS
Raniemi
Woobowiz is working hard \:D/
Rewben2
That heart rate meter is cool lol

You're going to pass me soon, ggwp
iderekmc

Zare wrote:

what the fuck
haha look his play count, he has no life
laref

iderekmc wrote:

Zare wrote:

what the fuck
haha look his play count, he has no life
Clearly he has. Missed the heartbeat monitor thingy or something?
napaleon
More like The Road to Ar8 50pp with dt 18239182391pp maps
wtf is this.. that is just sad. Learn to play hard maps like 5 stars with hr , then u will feel OD 10 with hard patterns.
[-Cloud-]

ntaig wrote:

Clearly he has. Missed the heartbeat monitor thingy or something?
This is gold.
winber1
no it's black
Rewben2
It's actually a light blue
wildcookie

napaleon wrote:

wtf is this.. that is just sad. Learn to play hard maps like 5 stars with hr , then u will feel OD 10 with hard patterns.
Let him play how he wants, we had this discussion not long ago and he thinks ar8 dt is the way. He'll reach the end of it soon anyway and change his approach maybe
ballplay

napaleon wrote:

hr elitist
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

SloppySeal wrote:

napaleon wrote:

hr elitist

Now, now. He has a point about taking advantage of DT instead of trekking through the hardships of OD 10.

This section is entirely opinion and may not be accurate for other people's views

On the other hand, who's to say it's that much easier? It's a different skill set to gain pp from DT compared to HR. DT is (at least to me) most significant for its high BPM. HR is significant because of CS, OD 10, and AR 10. It's not everyday an HR player can say "I rocked those 210+ BPM streams and 240+ BPM singles for some well earned pp". Neither will DT players have much opportunity to flaunt their amazing ability to stay on beat and remain accurate for over 2 minutes, especially on OD 10.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End Section

I would also like to include the point; Why? If there's an "easier" (again, it's not all that much easier) alternative for gaining, why do I have to go through special training to "learn" AR 10 and become accustomed to OD 10. If you feel that it's a cop out for easy pp, then you can submit your opinions on why at the "pp feedback" thread that's stickied.

Anyways, I'm all for the criticism, except for the part where you said "that is just sad", c'mon there's no need for that, the rest was fine and constructive criticism. Noone thinks or plays the exact same way, I cannot stay accurate for the life of me even on OD 8 or 9. I'm not you, and you're not me.
f i z i k
The point is rather you naming this the road to Cookiezi-Tier,and being Cookiezi-Tier also includes mastering HDHR. If you wanna be regarded aa good as him then you cant just play for the pp or for one mod. I am yet to hear someone make a serious claim that DH is as good as Cookiezi was
Coffee Hero
If you're trying to become the best there ever was then I was kinda expecting you to train and take on the hardest aspects of osu!. Not to play 1 minute easily rankable beatmaps to gain ranks. I don't really care but keep in mind if you are only playing the previously mentioned maps that you are only gaining a portion of the skills that you could've gained from practicing in other areas.
YukinoDesuDesu
Top Bunk
Sometimes it's simpler to learn a portion of the skills, and then learn the other portions later as you go on. Might take longer that way, but with how fast Woobowiz has been progressing, he could pick up on it quickly enough if or whenever he chooses to. So I don't really see the point in discussing the matter of play style, even if it's off from Cookiezi. Cookiezi is just a matter of inspiration after all, doesn't mean he has to follow all the same exact steps to reach the goal. But that's just how I see it. Gotta give props to Woobowiz either way, even if stalking this thread always reminds me of how much I suck and have the need to cry in a corner.
Pettanko
i thought this thread was called "the road to cookiezi-tier"

and not "the road to sayo tier"

jk no flamerino pls
JonQuy

Woobowiz wrote:

snip
What I've been doing, after feeling like AR9 has been getting stale, is going back and making "practice ar10" maps by going into the editor and saving a map as a new difficulty with AR10 (though always play through the original at least once). This prevents me from actually having to improve by using HR.
Vuelo Eluko

JonQuy wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

snip
What I've been doing, after feeling like AR9 has been getting stale, is going back and making "practice ar10" maps by going into the editor and saving a map as a new difficulty with AR10 (though always play through the original at least once). This prevents me from actually having to improve by using HR.
AR10 is the most inconsequential aspect of what HR teaches you though. The most significant being accuracy and to a lesser extent aim. That's like playing FL to get a better handle on followpoints. It's more of a side effect than the reason you'd play it.
JonQuy

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

AR10 is the most inconsequential aspect of what HR teaches you though. The most significant being accuracy and to a lesser extent aim. That's like playing FL to get a better handle on followpoints. It's more of a side effect than the reason you'd play it.
Yeah, this is what I meant when I said, "This prevents me from actually having to improve by using HR."
Martell_old_1
I'm not sure if you dude want to be as good as cookiezi, or have as much pp as he (would have if his acc was alive) via farming dt all the day.
Neither is doable though
Vuelo Eluko

JonQuy wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Yeah, this is what I meant when I said, "This prevents me from actually having to improve by using HR."
i interpreted it as you not having to improve by using HR as in, you're improving without using it. Which I'd disagree with. I don't think there's much benefit to just making a map you can already play well AR10
JonQuy

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

i interpreted it as you not having to improve by using HR as in, you're improving without using it. Which I'd disagree with. I don't think there's much benefit to just making a map you can already play well AR10
The benefit is fun (I don't really play to get ranks) and epeen when you go to your hard spamming friends and say you play AR10 kek.
Martell_old_1

JonQuy wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

The benefit is fun (I don't really play to get ranks) and epeen when you go to your hard spamming friends and say you play AR10 kek.
Playing osu! for fun?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
As an alternative argument, why in the world would I want jump that much in difficulty so quickly?

I'm not THAT quick on picking up the game.

I would rather not jump straight from AR 9 to AR 10 and OD 7/8 to OD 10. DT is a good middleman with AR 9.6 and slightly boosted OD.
Eventually I'll get around AR 10 and HR and it'll end up in a progression as linear as when I first started playing. I'll definitely try to further +1 or +2 this by then progressing to AR 10.3 (AR 9 + DT) and then finally AR 11 (HR + DT), but that is a LONG ways away.

It's as if people expect me to become Cookiezi overnight saying stuff like "I thought you were trying to get on Cookiezi's level, you're just another Sayo".

There's gonna eventually be a limit to DT AR 9.6 maps that I can play for pp (roughly 210 or 220 pp from a decent play) and when that time comes, yeah I'll try as much as possible to understand how to play with Hard Rock (and when that time comes, expect a considerable downtime of 0 pp gains). But that time is not now.
Granger
Imo, you should do both at once, that 1. helps pervent skill decay. 2. Makes you improve in all areas at once. 3. Skips that frustating 0pp gains period where you struggle to FC anything.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Autism central.
nrl

f i z i k wrote:

this is even more intense

holy guacamole
Disagree.
winber1
only camping is in tents guys

i don't know what you are talking about
nrl
play osu in tent becom cookiezi gaiz i find the secret!
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
.....tents? o-o
camping?

I'm lost '^'
YukinoDesuDesu
lol, "low ar disgusting" then how're ya gonna get cookiezi tier? by playing stuff as fast as possible wouldn't that be the road to sayonara-bye/dragonhuman tier xD
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Asiangodx2 wrote:

lol, "low ar disgusting" then how're ya gonna get cookiezi tier? by playing stuff as fast as possible wouldn't that be the road to sayonara-bye/dragonhuman tier xD
Low AR really is disgusting, it's not gonna make me better in anything except for reading that AR. (I'll tolerate anything as low as AR 8)

You might as well call it Road to MillhioreF-tier nstead (I ain't doing that shit)

If I wanted to play Low AR maps, I would play Hard and Normal difficulties or use EZ mod. I'll leave learning the tricky stuff until much later, right now as it is, I'm just an average player. It's in the same category as how I feel about Skystar maps. To me, it's a waste of effort and definitely something I can hold off learning until I get better at the game. I might as well spend my time learning how to do pen flipping if I wanted to learn more situational stuff.
Just2good

Woobowiz wrote:

Asiangodx2 wrote:

Low AR really is disgusting, it's not gonna make me better in anything except for reading that AR. (I'll tolerate anything as low as AR 8)

You might as well call it Road to MillhioreF-tier nstead (I ain't doing that shit)

If I wanted to play Low AR maps, I would play Hard and Normal difficulties or use EZ mod. I'll leave learning the tricky stuff until much later, right now as it is, I'm just an average player. It's in the same category as how I feel about Skystar maps. To me, it's a waste of effort and definitely something I can hold off learning until I get better at the game. I might as well spend my time learning how to do pen flipping if I wanted to learn more situational stuff.
I can pen flip like a pro, its not useless! ;-;
YukinoDesuDesu
fyi that map was just ar 8 hehe,
SPOILER
this isnt quite MillhioreF-tier that's more like this loool
DeletedUser_3905941
You should really play old maps when you want to, they're superior to newer maps in every way.
show more