forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
so i have to wait until im above 5k pp to realize i suck for it to work?
seems to defeat purpose
D e s
dont become cookiezi. become a person that surpass him ;) waiting the day you hrhd fc fd hue goodluck OP
xasuma

winber1 wrote:

play osu for 4.5 years

come to realization that you suck
Must be rough :(
[BAR] Rei

winber1 wrote:

nooblet wrote:

road to wimber1 tier plz halp
play osu for 4.5 years

come to realization that you suck
Yeah, you don't have the right to say that as a 3-digit world ranker, and top-15 in US at that. ;)

SPOILER
Of course, I'm saying that as a joke, but there is a grain of truth : what do you think people with 5 - 6 digit ranks think when they see a top-500 ranker like you say that? I know you don't mean harm, but I'm sure it can hurt people who lack confidence in their skills. Looking down upon yourself may come across as looking down upon everyone ranked lower than you.
laref

THE_GH0ST wrote:

Of course, I'm saying that as a joke, but there is a grain of truth : what do you think people with 5 - 6 digit ranks think when they see a top-500 ranker like you say that? I know you don't mean harm, but I'm sure it can hurt people who lack confidence in their skills. Looking down upon yourself may come across as looking down upon everyone ranked lower than you
When lewa says he's bad I want to trim my toenails instead of playing osu! :/
Kaeru
I'm terrible at this game. Thankfully I'm barely three digits so I retain my right to say that. :P
uzzi

THE_GH0ST wrote:

Of course, I'm saying that as a joke, but there is a grain of truth : what do you think people with 5 - 6 digit ranks think when they see a top-500 ranker like you say that? I know you don't mean harm, but I'm sure it can hurt people who lack confidence in their skills. Looking down upon yourself may come across as looking down upon everyone ranked lower than you
This all comes down to relativity and perspective really. A person at the top might say he or she is bad because relative to players in his or her range, maybe one of their aspects is bad or something like that. When a lower ranked player says their bad, they're clearly comparing themselves to someone better than them.
Pettanko
or maybe some high rankers like to say they're bad because they just want to garner sympathy from others and get showered in compliments

sure some pros probably genuinely think of themselves as "bad" because they lack *important* (/sarcasm) skills that other pros have (like insane speed), but i have seen way too many high-ranked players call themselves shit at the game and to be honest, i don't believe for a second that there can be so many pessimistic people in one game

at the end of the day osu! is pretty much a game of attention-whoring and people have different ways of obtaining said attention 8-)

unless they're comparing themselves to cookiezi, in which case everyone except rrtyui is shit Kappa /me runs
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Slightly off topic, I might be a bit depressed today, Love Live S2 Finale comes out today ;-;

OT : If I'm not completely and utterly crushed by sorrow and sadness, I'll try my best to get 2900 pp today ^^
Vuelo Eluko
3000pp hype
iderekmc
you will see when u get to rank 2k or 1k , how hard it will be to lower ur rank even more xD
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
R.I.P. 2900 the dream

Lost 25 pp from the pp "fix"

I should be 2915 by now, but I'm ending the day with 2890 pp.

Will upload 2 FC's (both 139 pp)
buenaflor2
Hey Woobowiz.

Do you have a training schedule or do you just play what you want?
To be honest, I'm just looking to get into the 4 digits range and I'm actually really jealous of your improvement :P
Would appreciate it if you could post what you train at which days etc ^^
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

buenaflor2 wrote:

Hey Woobowiz.

Do you have a training schedule or do you just play what you want?
To be honest, I'm just looking to get into the 4 digits range and I'm actually really jealous of your improvement :P
Would appreciate it if you could post what you train at which days etc ^^
My main form of training is to play the hardest songs I can possibly clear.

When I'm farming pp and FC's, I pay attention to what I'm lacking in (most of the time it's reading and accuracy), then I repeat with those weaknesses in mind.

If there are specific maps that will specialize in aiding you in those areas, more power to you, but it really just boils down to 2 things : 1. Play the game, 2. Don't play mindlessly, think about what you're doing wrong, that advice applies to more than just RTS's or MOBA's

OT : I lied, I'll upload only 1 FC

winber1
where da dt
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

winber1 wrote:

where da dt
I took the criticism seriously :?

EDIT : Actually, with the recent nerfs to DT and buffs to HR, I'm inclined to believe that if I properly learn to read AR 10, I can make just as much pp with HR because of my aim; also my accuracy has gotten better too. Circle size really means nothing to me, it's the AR that doesn't allow me to HR well.
Jin Varrel
Cookiezi is on a separate level. Cookiezi is the best player Osu! ever had.
Even in the next 5 years, no one can gain the level Cookiezi once had.
Every little thing he does adds up to how good he is.

Not criticising your play. But "The Road to Cookiezi-Tier" is too convincing.

EDIT: Next 5 years, not 10 LOL
[-Cloud-]

LegitPotatoXD wrote:

Even in the next 5-10 years, no one can gain the level Cookiezi once had.

I hope you this is meant to be a joke.
Rewben2

[-Cloud-] wrote:

LegitPotatoXD wrote:

I hope you this is meant to be a joke.
This. Yeah, the guy was well above everyone else, not by a whole 5-10 years though lol.
winber1

Woobowiz wrote:

winber1 wrote:

where da dt
I took the criticism seriously :?

EDIT : Actually, with the recent nerfs to DT and buffs to HR, I'm inclined to believe that if I properly learn to read AR 10, I can make just as much pp with HR because of my aim; also my accuracy has gotten better too. Circle size really means nothing to me, it's the AR that doesn't allow me to HR well.
as a dt player myself, you will also realize this to be false as you try more hr.

it's strangely more hard than you might imagine. how fast you improve with mod is dependent on you, but imo you won't find it as easy as you might think.
or probably cuz i suck idk.

also i was being sarcastic with the dt. you can also try to dt that song too if you'd like tho
wildcookie
He should do great with hr once he manages to read ar10 cause he has good consistency, less misses maybe than most of hr starting players would do. I spent around a week and a half for ar10 and I can read it just perfect now.
[-Cloud-]

wildcookie wrote:

He should do great with hr once he manages to read ar10 cause he has good consistency, less misses maybe than most of hr starting players would do. I spent around a week and a half for ar10 and I can read it just perfect now.
High OD will scratch his motivation.
Also HR != AR10. CS is, for what reason ever annoying as f*** with AR10 and the feeling to read those notes is completely different.
Atleast for me.
wildcookie
I didn't say i read HR's little circles perfect. I played lots of ar10 maps.Ii can almost fc decent insanes with hr but i lack consistency a lot i usually fail at easy jumps for some reason or i go deep down with accuracy >.>
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
SnowflakeStreet
How often do you play?
[BAR] Rei

recursion78 wrote:

How often do you play?

Woobowiz wrote:

8 hours on a regular training day

2 hours on a DT Training day

4 hours on any other day
Vuelo Eluko

[-Cloud-] wrote:

wildcookie wrote:

Also HR != AR10. CS is, for what reason ever annoying as f*** with AR10 and the feeling to read those notes is completely different.
Atleast for me.
cs5 is actually a bit easier to read ar10 with at least for me

it feels a bit overbearing at cs4
nrl

[-Cloud-] wrote:

OD was by far the easiest part of the HR transition for me.
[-Cloud-]

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

OD was by far the easiest part of the HR transition for me.
If you have problems with AR and CS, your accuracy will suffer automatically what means OD will pretty much wreck your accuracy.

Seems like you have still some problems with High OD though.
High OD is hard to learn and even harder to master.
But the most people will struggle with AR and CS the most, gotta agree with that.
xasuma
Interesting.. OD is bad to me :(

Oh, and if you want to learn ar10, play at 10.33 for 20 minutes each day, and immediately after play ar10.
Just do it. Even if you feel like an idiot.
Kaeru

LegitPotatoXD wrote:

Fan boy much? He was an amazing player, but he's not THAT good. It only takes around 2 to 3 years to get to Cookiezi level, with enough work. Have you seen some of rrtyui's plays, for example? He could outdo Cookiezi in the next year if he tried hard enough. Without a doubt. Of course, the more dedicated you are, the quicker the process. Cookiezi is not some kind of superhuman alien.

xasuma wrote:

Oh, and if you want to learn ar10, play at 10.33 for 20 minutes each day, and immediately after play ar10.
I do this, except I play AR 11 and then AR 10.3. Works great. If you don't have any AR 11 maps I highly recommend getting some.
buny

Kaeru wrote:

LegitPotatoXD wrote:

Fan boy much? He was an amazing player, but he's not THAT good. It only takes around 2 to 3 years to get to Cookiezi level, with enough work. Have you seen some of rrtyui's plays, for example? He could outdo Cookiezi in the next year if he tried hard enough. Without a doubt. Of course, the more dedicated you are, the quicker the process. Cookiezi is not some kind of superhuman alien.

xasuma wrote:

I do this, except I play AR 11 and then AR 10.3. Works great. If you don't have any AR 11 maps I highly recommend getting some.
The most impressive thing about cookiezi, was how fast he improved and how fast he became top player in his time.
I'm certain he had the most influence on the average skill level of the player base - kind of like the zyzz of osu, really.
Maskless

Kaeru wrote:

If it only takes 2 to 3 years, why is no-one as good as Cookiezi? Are you saying the top players aren't putting in enough work?

Also Woobowiz, I think you are going to burn yourself out if you keep playing as much as you do just now. I'm speaking from personal experience here.
Vuelo Eluko

Maskless wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

If it only takes 2 to 3 years, why is no-one as good as Cookiezi? Are you saying the top players aren't putting in enough work?

Also Woobowiz, I think you are going to burn yourself out if you keep playing as much as you do just now. I'm speaking from personal experience here.
he may burn out, he may not. Most do. Cookiezi didn't. That's the point of the thread is his attempt to emulate that.
Rewben2

Maskless wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

Well, reaching Cookiezi's playtime (which is a bit hard to gauge because he was an offline player and apparently multi-accounted too) in 2-3 years is achievable. It would mean playing many hours each day, every day for the duration of the 2-3 years though, which I really can't say any of the top players have done. I mean, have a look at the play history of some of the top players. For every profile there's large differences in time played varying from month to month. None of them consistently played lots, it varies. So no, I can't say that the top players are putting in enough work because the required amount of work is insane.

I'd say it is possible to get to his status in 2-3 years but you'd need to literally have no life outside of osu!, lol. It would require dedication that I can't say any other player has shown.
xasuma
I'll do it.
Vuelo Eluko

xasuma wrote:

I'll do it.
k
RaneFire

Maskless wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

Cookiezi was a pioneer. It isn't just about beating him by a fraction. It's about becoming the new pioneer.

Every game has a guy that's so far away in the distance, in terms of skill, which not a single person can catch. Since he's stopped playing for quite a while, overtaking him and becoming the new pioneer is possible, but to do that, someone needs to wipe the floor with Cookiezi's ass to get the message across that there is now someone else who can lead the perceived skill limit of osu! in new directions.

That's what people remember him for. What he played decided what was possible for everyone else. Right now everyone is just playing catch-up. Few are treading where Cookiezi hasn't already been, and certainly don't have as impressive all-round skills at the same time.

rrtyui has certainly come close to doing that, but a lot of people are still not convinced, which means he didn't quite make it to being the pioneer yet, before he stopped actively playing.

The "road to Cookiezi-Tier" could thus be defined as "Cookiezi as a pioneer," not just his technical level of skills in osu!
Maskless

Rewben2 wrote:

Well, reaching Cookiezi's playtime (which is a bit hard to gauge because he was an offline player and apparently multi-accounted too) in 2-3 years is achievable. It would mean playing many hours each day, every day for the duration of the 2-3 years though, which I really can't say any of the top players have done. I mean, have a look at the play history of some of the top players. For every profile there's large differences in time played varying from month to month. None of them consistently played lots, it varies. So no, I can't say that the top players are putting in enough work because the required amount of work is insane.

I'd say it is possible to get to his status in 2-3 years but you'd need to literally have no life outside of osu!, lol. It would require dedication that I can't say any other player has shown.
The point I'm trying to make is that anyone can say, "I can become as good Cookiezi. All I have to is practice hard enough." When the reality is, no-one will. Not any time soon anyway.
Rewben2

Maskless wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

The point I'm trying to make is that anyone can say, "I can become as good Cookiezi. All I have to is practice hard enough." When the reality is, no-one will. Not any time soon anyway.
Exactly. Almost anyone can become a top tier player with effort, putting the effort in is another story though.
show more