forum

Single tap consistency.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Teshi
So I'm posting this here because I'm a little but frustrated with my hand per say, My main single tap finger is my middle finger rather than my index. Though when I run it through something such as OsuStreamSpeed, I lose consistency with the single tapping. So technically after clicking maybe 5 or 6 times my finger gets strained and drops bpm from 105 to 90. This causes alot of misses and or 100's while I play. I don't experience this while using my index and can remain a solid 105.

I'm asking perhaps more experienced players who may use their middle finger as a dominant finger, would I have to grind through this? I mean I can stream about 200-210 bpm consistently. Would it be more worthwhile to grind into using my index finger? I'm up to putting a bit of effort into this.

I would just like to gather some opinions on play styles to keep consistent. Thanks :)
[ Stellar ]
Hey, I use middle finger for single tapping too, so you aren't the only one!
If you're committed in improving your game, then yes, keep playing with your middle.
winber1
Your fingers/wrist/arm should not be so tense that you can't even single tap anymore, nor should it be that loose (otherwise it'll be harder to hit more accurately). You should probably just stick with what's more comfortable for you, which I assume is your middle finger. Personally, I use my middle finger predominantly and it's the most comfortable, though through just playing, I can use my index finger almost equally well in a lot of aspects.

And also, generally it's easier and less tiring if you lift your wrist off the table and use your arm in helping you single tap (in addition to your fingers and wrist).
Weed
just lift your wrist
iderekmc

Teshi wrote:

So I'm posting this here because I'm a little but frustrated with my hand per say, My main single tap finger is my middle finger rather than my index. Though when I run it through something such as OsuStreamSpeed, I lose consistency with the single tapping. So technically after clicking maybe 5 or 6 times my finger gets strained and drops bpm from 105 to 90. This causes alot of misses and or 100's while I play. I don't experience this while using my index and can remain a solid 105.

I'm asking perhaps more experienced players who may use their middle finger as a dominant finger, would I have to grind through this? I mean I can stream about 200-210 bpm consistently. Would it be more worthwhile to grind into using my index finger? I'm up to putting a bit of effort into this.

I would just like to gather some opinions on play styles to keep consistent. Thanks :)
this is why all top players use their index
Vuelo Eluko

iderekmc wrote:

yeah it's impossible to get any good otherwise
Rewben2
Sounds like you lack stamina, it comes in time. Just play fast maps with lots of single tapping. Tapping with index or your middle finger is viable either way.
RaneFire
I find that when my middle finger finally starts to get tired after a long play session, I don't actually know it's tired until I compare the speed I had when I started playing earlier that day. There is no pain, no burning, no numbness either, but I do feel slower. This is the kind of strain I can relate to and yes it does improve over months, but very slowly, like all things related to stamina and speed. My single-tapping speed "comfort zone" raises itself over time too, but for other reasons as well (reading, accuracy, etc.), not just stamina.

I don't think I'm the only one who has had days where my single-tapping or streaming speed drops off on some random day for no apparent reason after having no issues with those speeds before... it's just one of those days. I think it is also related to strain in some way that I don't actually "feel," but can definitely see that something is unusual.
[ Stellar ]

iderekmc wrote:

I strongly disagree with you.
Pro players would be able to use both, dominantly.
iderekmc

[ Stellar ] wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

I strongly disagree with you.
Pro players would be able to use both, dominantly.
i know but in extremely fast songs they need to use the index , its faster
Mathsma

iderekmc wrote:

GoldenWolf

iderekmc wrote:

I don't even
idkhowtoclick

GoldenWolf wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

I don't even
I actually thought he was just trolling at first but now I think I just got my daily dose of cancer.
Vuelo Eluko

iderekmc wrote:

agreed, when it comes down to very faster songs like Big Black Fox [by Blue Dragon] or Cloud Crasher [400 style] index is the way to go for sure!
Soarezi
this guys even worse than i am
Topic Starter
Teshi

winber1 wrote:

Your fingers/wrist/arm should not be so tense that you can't even single tap anymore, nor should it be that loose (otherwise it'll be harder to hit more accurately). You should probably just stick with what's more comfortable for you, which I assume is your middle finger. Personally, I use my middle finger predominantly and it's the most comfortable, though through just playing, I can use my index finger almost equally well in a lot of aspects.

And also, generally it's easier and less tiring if you lift your wrist off the table and use your arm in helping you single tap (in addition to your fingers and wrist).
I found this most helpful. Thanks! :)