forum

Perform Better than Previous Round, Rank goes up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StateOfDistress
What's up with this issue or ranking system? I do one song, then next time I attempt it and pass it with a better score than previously, my rank decides to sky-rocket instead of logically going down. The time gap between the two attempts is probably around 10m. Point is, if you improve on a song the second time, shouldnt your rank go down instead of up? Just saying.
Ethelon
I'm assuming you mean this on your history:
6 minutes ago - Feint (feat. CoMa) - Snake Eyes [galv's Extreme] 965,600 (B) None
16 minutes ago - Feint (feat. CoMa) - Snake Eyes [galv's Extreme] 732,770 (A) None
You improved your score but lowered your accuracy.
Topic Starter
StateOfDistress
ty
Vuelo Eluko
u outrank me in 1/4 the plays i see no issues
B1rd
I've had an S rank as 13th on a local score behind all B's and A's -_-
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

I've had an S rank as 13th on a local score behind all B's and A's -_-
GoldenWolf
Akali

jesus1412 wrote:

I decree no more replies necessary.

Here is the generic reply that should be copy pasted into every thread like this by decree of me, king of G&R:

When you play a map, your rank updates - as such when you play, you see the effects of other people improving while you were away/playing/sleeping. Since you last played, thousands of people have been making new scores and a number of them have gained enough ranks to surpass you! When you play a map your rank is updated and put back into the correct position, this takes a massive strain off of the osu! servers as they don't have to calculate everyone's rank constantly which by extent allows peppy to deliver his impressive service as you see it for free!

To add to that, it is also possible that while you believe your score was improved by using mods or attaining a higher score, your accuracy may have been far lower or you incurred penalties for having more misses. according to the ranking system, your new score is (according to the ranking system) "worse". Replacing an old score with a "worse" score will cause you to lose the difference in pp.

The final way you could lose ranks is that the ranking system is altered in an attempt to be more accurate. When this happens your rank isn't updated until you play like previously mentioned.

I hope this covers everything! If you need more help check out this thread t/181850

-King of G&R jesus1412