forum

Streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Larry12
Hello There,My name is Larry12 and i have a question for all of you.So i've been playin osu and i can't get streams down.I can do jumps and all that stuff but i keep failing streams.I can't do it and i practise with various songs but no improvement.Also my keys are Q and W.
El Koko
Practice. Jesus christ.
Noobsicle
t/99612 , read the streams section

play a lot more
mcdoomfrag
The trick is to press Q, then W right after. Occasionally, you will have to hit Q again, and in some cases it will even require you to press W AGAIN, so be on the alert.
Golfdinger
Topic Starter
Larry12
How does one practice the art of streams?:P
Soarezi

Larry12 wrote:

by playing them
Mizuno Yui

Larry12 wrote:

Here's what I did:

1. Download this: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/72474
2. Enable hit error bar (Options>general>score metre type>hit error)
3. Go play the maps from the slowest to fastest and find the ones you can do (your stamina will probably suck, but you should be able to stream 10 - 20 notes consistently)
4. Look at approach rates, memorize how fast you were pressing keys, memorize the bpm and the speed of your fingers required or whatever else might do the trick for you. Don't be discouraged, it might sort itself out after a while.
5. After you know what you're capable of streaming, go play streamy maps around that bpm (you can find them in RaneFire's stream practice list
6. Try to stay focused and repeat step 5 to oblivion.
7. Also try to LISTEN to the music while playing.

Gl ;)

Edit: if the triangle in the hit error bar goes to the left, you're streaming too fast. if it goes to the right, you're too slow
Topic Starter
Larry12

mentalac wrote:

Larry12 wrote:

Here's what I did:

1. Download this: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/72474
2. Enable hit error bar (Options>general>score metre type>hit error)
3. Go play the maps from the slowest to fastest and find the ones you can do (your stamina will probably suck, but you should be able to stream 10 - 20 notes consistently)
4. Look at approach rates, memorize how fast you were pressing keys, memorize the bpm and the speed of your fingers required or whatever else might do the trick for you. Don't be discouraged, it might sort itself out after a while.
5. After you know what you're capable of streaming, go play streamy maps around that bpm (you can find them in RaneFire's stream practice list
6. Try to stay focused and repeat step 5 to oblivion.
7. Also try to LISTEN to the music while playing.

Gl ;)

Edit: if the triangle in the hit error bar goes to the left, you're streaming too fast. if it goes to the right, you're too slow
Thx for the detailed steps :)I will surely try it and see if it works.If it does ill send u pm thx again :P
mcdoomfrag

Larry12 wrote:

Thx for the detailed steps :)I will surely try it and see if it works.If it does ill send u pm thx again :P
At 400 play count, you seriously don't need to be worried (let alone posting on the forums) about these specific aspects of the game. You've barely even scratched the surface of what this game is about, and learning these basics comes through first hand experience of the game, not posting on the forum looking for answers. Hell, I was at the very least at 8000 play count before I seriously started worrying about specific skills. Where you are at, close that browser and just have fun with the game. There's nothing you can't learn through playing the game. Just don't forget that it's a rhythm game, so as long as you are listening to the music and feeling the beat, you should be fine.
[ Stellar ]
Not even 400 play count yet, seriously?
Some people think they can do everything in the game when they just started playing....
GoldenWolf
Play Count: 388

Really now? I don't think any advice would help you much other than play more
Volcanism
Honestly, there's not much use in asking for skill related help as the only response you will get will tell you to practice maps that test that skill.
That said, it is a pretty damn good way to improve.
Gigo
I am waiting for the day when someone registers, comes here and says "Hello everyone, I am new to this game. Before I play my first beatmap ever, I just wanted to ask about some tips on how to get better... k, thx!"
Mathsma

Artaxerx wrote:

I am waiting for the day when someone registers, comes here and says "Hello everyone, I am new to this game. Before I play my first beatmap ever, I just wanted to ask about some tips on how to get better... k, thx!"

A few months ago there was a post with someone who had 15 play count asking for tips.
Granger

Artaxerx wrote:

No shit, most people now a days wont even borther to look up availabe ressources or use the ingame help. No, right there they go, get new game, jump into multiplayer and ask questions about the most basic things ever. Its annoying.

I see this every single day... (I didnt see that in osu yet, but in other games)

I wont be surprised when this happens, seriously.
Noobsicle
don't think anyone can beat this guy though t/194913
iderekmc
i still cant do streams and i have 17k plays xD
GoldenWolf

iderekmc wrote:

Because you spend too much time posting/making threads in the forums.
E a g l e
Im at 40k playcount and i still cant stream good. Singletapping 280+ bpm but cant stream more than 190BPM so ye this game is a b*tch!
Practise makes perfect.
Rewben2

iderekmc wrote:

I have 40k PC and I still struggle to stream consistently. I usually hit everything, just with a bunch of 100's and 50's... Practice makes perfect. It's a bit sad seeing people that are double my rank with better scores on streaming maps than me but oh well
iWhorse

Golfdinger wrote:

ingenious
nooblet

Rewben2 wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

I have 40k PC and I still struggle to stream consistently. I usually hit everything, just with a bunch of 100's and 50's... Practice makes perfect. It's a bit sad seeing people that are double my rank with better scores on streaming maps than me but oh well
Could it perhaps be because you don't play much streamy stuff? Looking at your PC/Hits you're averaging 136.6 hits/play.

Need to really play a LOT of stream maps to get better at them, and once you do, small-spaced streams are probably the easiest source of PP. If I only have a bit of time to play osu! I usually spend it all improving my 180-200bpm streaming (since that's my upper limit for both playing and streaming 'cauz full alternate) in hopes of going higher one day...
Karuta-_old_1
Watch Shaggon's guide to stream and use a pillow
Rewben2

nooblet wrote:

Could it perhaps be because you don't play much streamy stuff? Looking at your PC/Hits you're averaging 136.6 hits/play.

Need to really play a LOT of stream maps to get better at them, and once you do, small-spaced streams are probably the easiest source of PP. If I only have a bit of time to play osu! I usually spend it all improving my 180-200bpm streaming (since that's my upper limit for both playing and streaming 'cauz full alternate) in hopes of going higher one day...
My low hits/play is due to retrying a lot, hehe. A lot of my plays come from hard/insane maps that weren't really challenging me (hence nearly 1500 S's) and tended to have no streaming, so I started learning it kinda late. I have a collection of 50 or so stream maps that I practice every now and then, I can see improvement compared to a few months ago so I'm not complaining.

My main issue is streaming lower bpm's consistently, I can stream up to 220~ pretty much fine and have ok stamina but it's not consistent.
B1rd

Golfdinger wrote:

I need a link to this
iderekmc

GoldenWolf wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

Because you spend too much time posting/making threads in the forums.
hah but i dont work or anything i have 24 hours to do whatever i want xD since 5 years ago (i should find something to do )
RaneFire

iderekmc wrote:

hah but i dont work or anything i have 24 hours to do whatever i want xD since 5 years ago (i should find something to do )
You should find something to do... for psychological reasons. Also, having a job or something that you must do is actually healthier, as opposed to doing nothing and letting lethargy govern your schedule.

It may even increase your stream speed.
Karuta-_old_1

RaneFire wrote:

It may even increase your stream speed.
I should start swimming
-Urabe-
I used to suck at streams, too (and still do, to some extent), to the point where I felt I couldn't FC most insanes. It took me a while to realize my problem was not alternating itself, but reading streams and stacks. Reading is key at making streams, you need to start them at the right moment and try to follow them correctly. The alternating part is easy to master, reading them correctly is the problem.
show more