forum

GI (Game Informer) Eye catching news [April]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
whymeman
For serious gamers that go outside of the plastic box, knowing what's going on is important so i'll post a few links on articles I've noticed recently.

Sony To Sell Off All 9.5 Million Shares Of Square Enix Stock

Halo, Destiny Composer Martin O’Donnell Let Go From Bungie ‘Without Cause’ (I feel there's a major hole in this story somehow...)

Pay For Snoop Dogg To Narrate Your Call Of Duty Matches

Also noticed a major report from GBU (Good Bad Ugly), looking at the huge ugly news:

Dev Departures

Dev departures rocked the industry this month. Jack Tretton steps down as president and CEO of Sony America, Mircosoft head of Devices and Stuidos (covering Xbox) Julie Larson-Green is shuffled internally within the company, and marc Whitten, chief produck officer for Xbox has moved on. And that's just the executives. Amy Henning (Naughty Dog creative director), Koji Igarashi (Castlevania producer at Konami), Karl Stewart (Crystal Dynamics brand manager), and Stig Asmussen (God of War 3 director) are just a few of the developers leaving established positions......

Personally, seeing that story about Sony selling all of Square Enix stock has me worried since they might end up like SEGA if it gets worse in the future....
kirueggy
If that snoop dogg voice pack for COD Ghosts is 1.99 i'm buying it without a doubt

your profile pic is laura bodewig i like you
Topic Starter
whymeman

kirukashi wrote:

If that snoop dogg voice pack for COD Ghosts is 1.99 i'm buying it without a doubt

We'll see when it happens. Didn't expect an interesting idea from Snoop (but what isn't interesting about him right?)

kirueggy

whymeman wrote:

kirukashi wrote:

We'll see when it happens. Didn't expect an interesting idea from Snoop (but what isn't interesting about him right?)

The fact they even added a scratching record sound after the voice transmission is... oh typical COD taking away my money
Topic Starter
whymeman
There's Minecraft for Playstation now as well. There's other stuff i'd like to find out once I have more free time to do so. Like..... when is Kingdom Hearts 3 going to be released? ;_;
Mara
I wonder why Martin O´Donnell got kicked out. His soundtrack is awesome.
Topic Starter
whymeman

Mara wrote:

I wonder why Martin O´Donnell got kicked out. His soundtrack is awesome.
There's a lot of things going on recently we're not too alert on as well. If I remember right, I think Atlus had a fall on the face moment with the Personia franchise, but another game company took over for it. Otherwise, it would have been the end for the series.
xRayne

whymeman wrote:

Pay For Snoop Dogg To Narrate Your Call Of Duty Matches
Not a fan of ol' snoop, but i liked the Archer reference :P