forum

Keyboards blah blah =D

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Waifu-Chan
Hello osu! community, this is my first thread in the forums and on top of it, it's about keyboards!

I have a 10€ microsoft keyboard that i bought 5 years ago, therefore i believe it's time for me to get something better.

My picks would be either:

Cm Storm Quickfire Ultimate (Red switches) roughly 95€.

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 (Whatever switches it uses) roughly 130€.

I suppose any of both would be a major upgrade to what i have, i'm just not sure which one i should buy.

I'm going ahead and ask, which one is the best for osu!? And which one is the best overall?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
I love Maids
Cm Storm Quickfire Ultimate (Red switches) is the better choise imo ~

Red switch masterrace.

also, the BlackWidow uses blue switches!
Mathsma
I have heard nothing but bad things about the Razer keyboards and nothing but good things on the CM keyboards, so I would pick the CM.

If you want to know about switch differences and how they affect your gameplay, there aren't any huge differences besides preference. Some like red because it's so easy to press, some don't like that really light switch and would prefer blacks. Some like a click when you press the switch which is blues, others don't want that audible click but just the bump, so that's browns.

I use browns because they are just a bit heavier than reds and have tactile feedback which helps me control my streaming better.
I love Maids

Mathsma wrote:

I have heard nothing but bad things about the Razer keyboards and nothing but good things on the CM keyboards, so I would pick the CM.

If you want to know about switch differences and how they affect your gameplay, there aren't any huge differences besides preference. Some like red because it's so easy to press, some don't like that really light switch and would prefer blacks. Some like a click when you press the switch which is blues, others don't want that audible click but just the bump, so that's browns.

As he said here, the blues has a clicky noise which can get annoying.
Red switches are the best for stamina.
DeletedUser_3905941

I love Maids wrote:

Thats your opinion however. Did you really try every switch for at least 1 month on osu and compare, because this is just the same shitty reason that gets passed on through #osu.
I love Maids

RedPanda wrote:

I love Maids wrote:

Thats your opinion however. Did you really try every switch for at least 1 month on osu and compare, because this is just the same shitty reason that gets passed on through #osu.

I have, I change from reds to blacks all the time.
Vuelo Eluko
black switches
usa
Pretty sure the build quality of CM keyboards aren't that far off from Razer keyboards.
But yea CM keyboards if you had to choose between CM and Razer because cheaper and slightly better build quality.
If you want to shelve out more money for a high build quality kb, look for a Filco or Ducky.

They both sell mech kb with all the different types of switches so just choose one you like.
Topic Starter
Waifu-Chan
Thanks for the answers everyone, think i'll just head to the hardware store and ask if i can try out both of them.

In the end tho, i think i'll stick with CM considering the feedback i got, also cheaper.

Thanks again.