forum

[invalid] Main menu lyrics option!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bnotebook
Well not everyone might relate, but for. ex. when I'm not playing osu, but still keep it on, just to listen to the music, it would be nice to have lyrics of the songs to appear somewhere one the screen, e.g. in the bottom part under the OSU! :D, if you know what i mean (like any other subtitles).
Of course, the only thing we need is an option, where we can link (idk some subtitles file) to the song in the osu! folder. idk how it would work, I'm just saying that no one would need to reload osu! beatmaps, just add lyrics files to corresponding songs they want.

P.S. I don't know Japanese, but like some anime openings/endings :D.
Ayesha Altugle
storyboarding is better than what you think also osu! is not an mp3 player
Nathanael
Technically, osu! plays mp3 files but it is not a karaoke box for anyone to sing along. Its a rhythm game. :P
Topic Starter
Bnotebook

vahn10 wrote:

storyboarding is better than what you think also osu! is not an mp3 player
isn't storyboarding related to in-game experience, when I think i clearly told about menu and

Nathanael wrote:

Technically, osu! plays mp3 files but it is not a karaoke box for anyone to sing along. Its a rhythm game. :P
I agree it's a game first, than anything else, but menu still plays songs I added (even thought it's a rhythm game), so why not add lyrics there. I just hope it's not too difficult to implement, that's why I'm asking to add this feature.
Bauxe
Whether or not the menu plays music, osu! isn't made to be any kind of music player, so this will not be implemented.
Kurokami
It will be a pain to add lyrics to every song out there. Keep in mind that sometimes what you find on the internet is wrong, in that case you need to use the booklet and make one from scratch. Staying at the main screen means your are afk anyways.
deadbeat

Bauxe wrote:

Whether or not the menu plays music, osu! isn't made to be any kind of music player, so this will not be implemented.
this sums it up pretty much