forum

[duplicate] [web] Beatmap Search Specifications

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Nwolf
t/123169

this has been added some months ago but it's still hard to search specific maps on the web, like high BPM songs. Would be nice to have that included there too.

But sets have multiple CS, HP and accuracy settings!

What I guess is, that most of the time people would only care for the hardest diff of a set. Maybe it's possible just to make it that you would only search for it.

What about song length?

The longest total time would be searched for here.

Example: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/325938

When you search length=180 this map pops up. If you search length=179 (Normal diff), the map doesn't show up. Normally the hardest diff is the longest diff.

BPM?

That's the only real problem I see because only the first BPM of a map is shown on the web (maybe that can get changed too so maps like this show 150-196 BPM on the web?). And sets with multiple BPMs aren't rankable anymore.

What if you just wanna search for a specific mode, like taiko? Wouldn't the settings of a harder standard map ruin the search?

It could work like the "Ranked (layed)" search. When you select "Osu" you just get maps standard diffs and only they are considered for the search (even if these maps have another mode included like o!m and you played the o!m diffs but not the std diffs, you will not get this map in the osu search but in the o!m search it will), when you select "taiko" you just get taiko diffs and only they are considered for the search.

EDIT: Trying to make this more understandable later
Dainesl
Well you can already search for Taiko maps via filter on-site and on osu!direct too. I'm not sure how they'd be able to filter out standard maps from hybrid sets so that wouldn't really be possible...
deadbeat
am i the only one confused here ._."
Ayesha Altugle
Topic Starter
Nwolf
hm looked around a lot before posting this and couldn't find it, but it's the same. *goes to corner*