forum

DJMAX Technika

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
James
Anyone has this at their local arcades?
The game is alot cooler when playing rather than just watching it. :)
Pokebis
I don't, but I wish there was. Could you send me one?
Pasonia
I have an ID card for it.

The ID on it is PAS-O.O!
(this is guaranteed not a trollpost)

Recommended songlist for max points in Normal Mode would be:
Miles
Remember
Y

Remember is very easy to full combo and Y is also potential for high score. Miles might be a bit tricky but is the highest score wielder on Stage One.
DJPop
Bored now, I'm still waiting for SP patterns >__>
Topic Starter
James
Haha I know it gets boring at some point but the machine just got in here since last week, and I'm still bad at it >.<
Teach me techniques plz....
Pasonia
The slider is tricky, both the dot-sliders and the long yellows. I suggest you put your finger one step ahead of the line so you don't end up missing the trace.

Also, listening more to the songs you're going to play while at home on a PC or in a mp3 device can help you recognise the odd patterns. For example, Y doesn't follow the solo in the middle for all three modes, instead opting for the off-beat 1/4s paths. The same goes for Blythe, where it follows the bass and not the synth in the middle. Both songs would require heavy knowledge of the tune beforehand in case you don't want to bite the dust on the songs.

As for techniques, you want the showman techniques or the practical techniques?

If showman, you can try crisscrossing your arms and play. This has the advantage of giving off that scratcher vibe, but has a glaring disadvantage in that you will end up covering the notes you want to press next.

If practical, always have your other hand prepared when you move one hand towards the end of one beat path. Obviously that means hanging your left hand or right in the air during preparation. This helps a lot for SON OF SUN.
Topic Starter
James
Does this game have something like... advisable songs to train for?
Something like play on harder songs just to get used to playing harder songs...
Need to be pro asap hahahahaha
Pasonia
Hmm, the hard in this is that all the hard difficulties are in Technical Mixing, so you might need to get used to the songs on Pop Mixing before attempting that.

That said, Blythe is a song that will make you look awesome/improve your skills if you can actually complete it. People would be awestruck if you can follow the nonsense bass synth path. SON OF SUN and SIN are two songs that also do make you look good because of its speed, but not as much.
Topic Starter
James
I tried Blythe at normal and failed horribly.
Need to watch more youtube xD
Do you have mp3 for the OST? Need to listen to those songs I am not familar of.
Pasonia
I do, but unfortunately Technika is mostly abridged in terms of the songs they offer. Divine Service, JBG, Ladymade Star are just a few examples of songs they cut the length of, even Blythe (I can't not know that, I had a fucking map ranked for Blythe!) so it's kinda hard.

I do have some Clazziquai Disc mp3s with some songs that I presume were ported to Technika shortly after, or before. Could be a good reference point, except I forgot where it was hosted =_=|
Kiyobi_old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEuRfcHEoS8
It's crappy quality, but bear with me. It's a cell phone and the arcade is pretty crammed and noisy.
Koko Ban
sorry for necro posting, but...

Technika player here. :D

i'm not advertising it, but this thread on this forum has all the documented DJMAX Technika locations worldwide. try to see if there's an arcade listed there that's near you.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/f140/d ... ead-40438/

ohh and btw, Platinum Crew (DJMAX Technika's online service) international will be opening very soon.
Pasonia
Aww man. Try 572k. I did that with Miles->Remember->Y.
Koko Ban
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pasonia
Yea, SSSS is really hard to FC because of the hitcircle spam. But the context in this is that you must at least A Miles (kinda hard) and perfect Remember (not very hard) before you even have a clear shot at the standings.
Koko Ban
yeah. also, try hard NOT to break your combo in the middle of a song because since the scoring system is combo-based, the scores given by notes increases with the combo. a single break in middle would mean less than 10k points than breaking more than once on both ends of the song.
Pasonia
SSSS's pattern on PP and TP:

1-1-2-1-1-1-2-2-1-1-2-1-1-1-2-2

and bottom:

1-1-2-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-2-1-1-2-12-2-12-2

Even saying it makes me confused so it's a tricky thing to play really.

I'm now focusing my efforts on playing Lover better so I can get better scores on First Set TP. It's just so annoying.
Pasonia
Double post.

I was playing First Step set and kept getting Lover because I was too awesome at everything but "I want you". I only passed it once out of three times because of the confusing pattern at the back.

At least it wasn't that confusing when I tried Heartbeat and got CoS (but still failed anyway...)
Koko Ban
Platinum Crew International now ONLINE!!

*link removed*
DJPop
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nachy
Go Pooh go~
Koko Ban
i can do 570k's on Pop now and my highest is 576k (B Miles, S Remember, All Combo'ed Y). too bad i havent taken any pics. ):

also, i can clear Son of Sun TP now. :D
Pasonia
I keep getting Area 7 on Heartbeat when I pass Melody. This is proving to be a bloody exercise in frustration >.<
Koko Ban
ahh. the frustration of getting the wrong boss song because of too much good performance...

i usually mess melody and a bit on Blythe to be sure i'll get CoS as the boss song. but, it's very hard to do high scores because of the breaks you'll get in intentionally messing up.
Pasonia
I find it's easier to break when intentionally performing badly on melody, than when on remember.

Still, I somehow managed to achieve a 750k score. wai <3

I'm aiming to hit the 800k with heartbeat, and then, beating SIN on TP once I hit Customiser. XD
Topic Starter
James
Platinum Mixing is online now, just so you know for those who play from our country.

End of the Moonlight TP <3
Pasonia

James wrote:

Platinum Mixing is online now, just so you know for those who play from our country.

End of the Moonlight TP <3
Don't tell me you already can play that? -.-
Topic Starter
James
nay!

anyways, i just started playing "seriously"
and from what i can see...
in order to beat harder songs (like the one in customizer set, i love that disc set. and its impossible for me to beat any i think)
play songs from that set in normal first? just to get the rhythm?
am i right?

or just watch youtube for 8 hours?
Kharl

James wrote:

in order to beat harder songs (like the one in customizer set, i love that disc set)
play songs from that set in normal first? just to get the rhythm?
am i right?

or just watch youtube for 8 hours?
Get yourself a wide screen monitor and practice on youtube for 8 hours. :P
Topic Starter
James
i know what you mean lol
i dont want to scratch my monitor ^^

planning to buy a 19" tho or another 22"
Koko Ban
my first thread on the Platinum Crew boards

http://www.djmaxcrew.com/community/tech ... =61&page=1

you can only post there if you had registered your card.

speaking of platinum crew, i'm hoarding challenger credits right now so that i won't have to do mission 20 all over again.

i also tried Challenger. i did very well on PFW2, but this same thing happened to me on EotM TP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch'v=qzdH6wfUETU
Pasonia
Topic Starter
James

Pasonia wrote:

SSSS's pattern on PP and TP:

1-1-2-1-1-1-2-2-1-1-2-1-1-1-2-2

and bottom:

1-1-2-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-2-1-1-2-12-2-12-2
Is this the drum pattern? or the pattern after that?

I'm having a hard time doing the part after the drums.

I can do the drum part using two hands instead of the usual 1 hand though >.<
DJNightmare
Woohoo! Pasonia play it too?
Where you play it?
My name is DJNIGHT
Well i havent been playing because of this school...
I play in Causeway Point Timezone!
himydanny
technika player here~~(hands up!)

i've just played it for 2 months._. a SUB DJ now

working hard in Customizer Set for a week but still can't pass son of sun the final one-.-

happy to know there are many technika players among osuers XDD i'd like to join you.