forum

Streaming on Windows Surface

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Serrisfroon
Hey all, I'm sorta new to the forums and all that. About two months back, I got a Windows Surface Pro 2 to have as a laptop/tablet/portable monster, and also for osu!. I used to play wayyy back when osu! first started, but I wasn't really happy with it, simply because I had played the DS games and loved them to death, so I was really used to touch screen controls. I never got a drawing tablet, so I ended quitting for a long time. With the Surface, I'm basically playing exactly how I did on the DS, albeit a much bigger screen. It's tons of fun though, really. I play purely with the stylus, no z/x, etc. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyway, I feel like I've gotten decent at the game now, but streams are literally the bane of my existence. I know there's a TON of threads on "lol how 2 stram," but a lot of it doesn't apply to me, because of the playstyle I have. Keeping rhythm isn't a problem for me, it's the physical motion that makes it very difficult for me to do, as I'm using the wrist and/or elbow as opposed to alternating fingers. On faster songs where streams show up with no breathing room before or after, it's really brutal, because I tend to tense up some in order to do the stream. I'm not looking for a cure-all answer, and I know more practice will make me better. What I'm looking for is other people who play the way I do, or at least similar, and how they physically handle streams.

Really, any sort of feedback would be appreciated.
pielak213
­
Topic Starter
Serrisfroon

pielak wrote:

I used to play the same way. Only way is to vibrate your arm faster. Your playstyle is very limiting because you only have 1 thing to press for streams as opposed to having 2 keys (z/x or m1/m2).
Yeah, I figured that much. ;_; Arm or wrist though? I find myself using wrist for slower streams, arm for faster though. Vibrating the arm and having it tensed up kills stamina and almost all my mobility though. Should I be staying away from that, or should I be working to control it?

Also, how far did you get before switching to what you use now?
pielak213
­
Topic Starter
Serrisfroon

pielak wrote:

I don't even know how to vibrate wrist only so vibrating the arm was the way to go for me. It is very stamina intensive and you should be working to control it. This can be used to train stamina but I find this training very boring. You can use autopilot and tap anywhere in the osu window but it would be bad for tracing which is hard if you're reaching your bpm limit.

I wasn't really that good. This was probably the fastest stream map I could do. This was probably my best pass. Not the FC run I have now.
I finally played these today, I passed both- the Guilty Gear song is CLEARLY harder, those jumps are murderous. I think I could FC both, The Owen Was Her remix after learning the song better, the GG song after getting better at handling ungodly jumps. Thanks for these though, they're both good practice!