forum

Mania Key specific search (Possibly for Direct! users)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,384
Topic Starter
[Yong]
In osu! direct, you can search new maps and filter them via Rank status and Mod specific.

In addition, THERE SHOULD BE KEY SPECIFIC SEARCH FIELD.

Not everyone plays 7keys. Some people hate non-7 keys.
So we should have a filter for mania based on Keys

Oh i guess This could also be implimented in beatmaps section of osu.ppy.sh...but i doubt that will happen.

*IM NOT TALKING ABOUT MANIA!KEY FILTER IN SEARCH FIELD (MUSIC LISTING)*
deadbeat

[Yong] wrote:

really now \:D/
i dunno about this one. don't most o!m maps have difficulties with different key numbers?
IamBaum
I agree with this request. It's kinda easy to find 4k or 7k mania specific beatmaps, but if u want to play 5k/6k and especially for 8k, then it becomes pretty difficult to search for them.
Topic Starter
[Yong]

deadbeat wrote:

[Yong] wrote:

really now \:D/
i dunno about this one. don't most o!m maps have difficulties with different key numbers?
Yea but the thing is you can only "see" the key# and difficulty level.
In the other words, YOU CANNOT SEARCH them.

Yes.. I guess one can just "look" at every map and just download accordingly, but seriously... thats unrealistic... What if I want to try out EVERY 5Key 6Key available in osu!?
yuh25
I'd love this feature, I download maps all the time just to find out that it's 7K only(I'm 4K-6K main).
- Marco -
Yes please ;_;
abraker
That would be helpful.
prebruler
Hello!

I like to play all the number of keys on Osu!mania (4k, 5k, 6k, 7k and 8k), but I always had a low amount of 5k, 6k and 8k maps... So I'm trying to find some maps with that amount of keys.

The problem is that there is no options in the Beatmap Listing or in osu!direct to search a specific amount of keys... So you need to click on each maps to see the amount of keys they have... and it's long to do when you also search in unranked maps...

So I want to request a line in the Beatmap Listing (maps search) where you can specify the number of keys you are searching for [4k 5k 6k 7k 8k]

plz plz plz <3
Oinari-sama
Merged with t/245133
Noctali
Why is it that this feature has so few stars ? I'm an only 4K player and it's kind of pissing me off that all I can find by using osu!direct is, mostly, only 7K beatmaps.

I know there're 4K beatmaps, but why is it that it's so damn hard to find these ? Is it really that hard to put a different "sign" for them ?

Is something like that really so hard to add.. ?

I understand that there's no problem with the presently used system for Standard/Taiko/CatchTheBeat, but it's not the case for mania, at all..

Edit : And you can't even know the number of keys before you've downloaded the map, because there's nothing for us to know.. And this goes for !direct AND osu.ppy.sh ...

P.S : I'm not trying to put my anger in this post, just saying what every mania player once said to himself.
Shiratu
Well for some maps there is a way to check this, at least in osu!direct

You just have to hover over that little mode icon.

Still supporting this because not all maps have the key count displayed in the difficulty name.
Would love to have that feature.
Noctali

Shiratu wrote:

not all maps have the key count displayed in the difficulty name.
One in a hundred, maybe, haha. >:(

And when you're searching for 4K only, you won't download those 7K only, but they'll keep being showed.. So when you've reached the limit that osu!direct can show, you're f*cked. :?

That's why this is needed. :)
[ Pustules ]
I WANT THIS FEATURE SO BADLY!
ONEGAI PEPPY-SAN!
DJKero
Supporting right now. 8-)

I want to find 8k beatmaps more easily.
Bobbias
This should have been added in the process of adding mania in the first place. Searching for specific key modes is currently a gigantic pain in the ass, when there's no reason it should be.
Noctali
Wake up, topic, wake up! :?
Sekki

prebruler wrote:

Hello!

I like to play all the number of keys on Osu!mania (4k, 5k, 6k, 7k and 8k), but I always had a low amount of 5k, 6k and 8k maps... So I'm trying to find some maps with that amount of keys.

The problem is that there is no options in the Beatmap Listing or in osu!direct to search a specific amount of keys... So you need to click on each maps to see the amount of keys they have... and it's long to do when you also search in unranked maps...

So I want to request a line in the Beatmap Listing (maps search) where you can specify the number of keys you are searching for [4k 5k 6k 7k 8k]

plz plz plz <3
I want this Feature too...Its easyer and i can play fast again maps without search the right keys...^-^
abraker
Bump and expressing my struggles on locating the key specific beatmaps I want.
Pawsu
Yauxo

Pawsu wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/120522/start=0 :/
^is for ingame search. Request is for map downloading (and osu! Direct)
show more