forum

[Archived] weird bug in the new update D:

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
armr_old
Problem Details:
i just cant see the numbers and the slider balls + i cant see the single hits or the spinners basically i cant see anything just my mouse and the background if its a video. Q ~ Q

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140410.1 (latest)
Topic Starter
armr_old
am i really the only one? xD ._. ...
Celzon
Off topic : looks pretty
UnsnarledCurve
I'm having this problem too... it sucks :/
But knowing osu! they'll probably have it fixed soon :)
Celzon
Did you do anything before this happened? If you did, please give us steps to replicate it.
And does it happen to you on just one particular song? (unlikely imo)
Skin you're using?
UnsnarledCurve
I know that you were asking the person who posted this, but I need some help too :).
Anyways, I'm using the default skin.
I can play any song the first time but after that the backgrounds or circles do not appear.

Steps to recreate:
1. Play any song (doesn't have to be all the way through)
2. Try any other song
3. Watch the problem screw you over XD
[ Kiruru ]
I have a similar problem, when i start OSU! the game don't work correctly or the screen is dark. I think that is a bug of the new patch (19:00)
Celzon
I'll try doing that and see if I get it..
Btw, renders? DirectX or OpenGL?
hinamizawan
the game here is frozen with a black screen and the music doesn't stop playing
[ Kiruru ]

Celzon wrote:

I'll try doing that and see if I get it..
Btw, renders? DirectX or OpenGL?
I'm using DirectX
UnsnarledCurve
My render is OpenGL
[ Kiruru ]

makkura wrote:

the game here is frozen with a black screen and the music doesn't stop playing
Same problem as me T-T
Celzon
I can't seem to recreate the problem.
For the screen freeze, try switching to DirectX render.
If you can't do it in-game, hold shift while running osu. A config box should appear. Change it there.

Edit : I tried both DX and GL on default skin and my own skin, no issues.
UnsnarledCurve
I switched to DirectX and it works, thanks so much.
Celzon
Ohh..
[ Kiruru ]

Celzon wrote:

Ohh..
In my way both dsnt work, DirectX or OpenGL, if the problem continues I will reinstall the programe.
hinamizawan

UnsnarledCurve wrote:

btw, directx is superior to opengl right?
Celzon

[ Kiruru ] wrote:

Celzon wrote:

Ohh..
In my way both dsnt work, DirectX or OpenGL, if the problem continues I will reinstall the programe.
I'm sorry, I can't replicate the problem so I can't try helping :/

makkura wrote:

UnsnarledCurve wrote:

Yes, in a way. The reason why DirectX is preferred by game developers, is simply, because the API is pretty simple to use. In functionality, DirectX and OpenGL are almost identical - most calls are the same.
P.S. OpenGL is faster
[ Kiruru ]

makkura wrote:

UnsnarledCurve wrote:

Ye, DirectX have better results. Your FPS can increase a lot depends on the PC
[ Kiruru ]
In my way both dsnt work, DirectX or OpenGL, if the problem continues I will reinstall the programe.[/quote][/quote]
I'm sorry, I can't replicate the problem so I can't try helping :/

No problem Celzon, My problem is resolved. I put OpenGL and I changed another time to DirectX and it works now.

Arigato Celzon! :P
Celzon
Glad you fixed it ^^
Topic Starter
armr_old
okaaay im srry i went afk some hours but ima try the answers that you all gave and thank you :DD
Topic Starter
armr_old
DirectX seem to work thank you :D
Malikil
I'm also having this problem, I can play one song fine, and I can retry that one song as many times as I want, but as soon as I return to the song select screen, the backgrounds stop appearing, and when I try to play a song then approach circles are gone, similar to when using hidden, except that the notes don't disappear, it's just the approach circles.
Restarting osu resets the problem, but after one song its off again to the land of no backgrounds.
I use OpenGL, DirectX doesn't seem to be producing the same issues, but I can't use DirectX because every 5-10 seconds it will get stuck and the notes and mouse will stop for anywhere from a tenth to half of a second before jumping forward to match the song. (though that's beside the point as it's not the issue being discussed here)
Image example
Disregard the lack of a number on that first slider, that's not there because I was taking a screenshot instead of playing and the slider started without me

When using the defualt skin, the circles don't show up at all, the slider ball isn't there, the approach circles are gone, and the scores from hitting notes don't appear, and there's no health bar or score display. It's just sliders with no numbers that do absolutely nothing save disappear whether you hit them correctly or not. Switching back to my custom skin put it back to the lack of only approach circles, then changing back to the default skin again still got rid of everything else.
Topic Starter
armr_old
have u tried the already given fixes? o-o since i have the same prob and well it got fixed by just changing to direct x
Malikil
DirectX has been fixing the problem, but my computer can't handle directX due to excessive lag, which it why I switched it to openGL in the first place however long ago
Topic Starter
armr_old
damn .-. well i guess you can turn off all the visual effects so you wont be laggin maybe that can help
Celzon
Let's just trust that the devs will fix this ASAP
Topic Starter
armr_old
oh well xD
WickedGG
Having Same issue, since new update today