forum

[invalid] Experience Ranking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kasugunai
When the first version of the new pp system came out some players like me got a huge rank boost because this system focused on how much players play rather than how good they play, although I find the current one better for skill purposes, I'd still like to compete in a experience ranking where I don't need to beat my top performances which becomes real hard after a while, it wouldn't be a serious ranking (we already have the current one for that) but most players play for fun and this ranking would be all about playing a lot and having fun.
FrzR
Hmm. I can't even. Players would just go up and down in the rankings in a repetitive manner.
Topic Starter
Kasugunai
What do you mean by up and down? It would be all about playing a lot, just like the 1st version of ppv2 that got canceled after some days because it was obviously not accurate in terms of skill but since it's not a serious ranking I don't think that should be a problem. It would be great for those who just want to play for fun, I can't beat my top performances anymore.
Luna
There already is a ranking where you rank up by just playing lots of maps: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/playerranking
XPJ38

Kasugunai wrote:

When the first version of the new pp system came out some players like me got a huge rank boost because this system focused on how much players play rather than how good they play
Definitely not. The "how much players play" part exactly defines the now ancestral score ranking. The first version of ppv2 focused on how good you played (not as much as current ppv2 but still): it gave iirc 1pp for every map played + a bonus that could go up to 100pp if you performed very well.
Topic Starter
Kasugunai
I know about score ranking but I meant a pp one. Also, first version of ppv2 did boost a lot of players who had plays in pretty much every map, I was #10000 and I didn't play a single Insane map so don't tell me it was focused on how good I played.