forum

Opinions / Tips

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mukyuuhikuu
Hi there,
Ive been playing osu for quite awhile now,and i've recorded two videos,one from nearly a year ago and one from today,
Id like if i got some opinions on if i got better or not and tips on getting better,i still don't think im good for the fact ive been playing for a couple of years.
10 Months Ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Nom4mhC2g
Today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JtL5D97t8
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post in, first time posting.
Please dont be rude about your opinions. Thanks :D
Blueprint
My opinion would be you don't actively play
Topic Starter
mukyuuhikuu

Blueprint wrote:

My opinion would be you don't actively play
Yeah i dont play alot,ive been getting back into it though.
TakuMii
To tell you the truth, you're about at the point I was at after 1-2 months of non-stop playing.
Topic Starter
mukyuuhikuu

YayMii wrote:

To tell you the truth, you're about at the point I was at after 1-2 months of non-stop playing.
Yeah i just got back into it about 3 days ago, i jump off and on the game alot.
Blueprint

mukyuuhikuu wrote:

YayMii wrote:

Yeah i just got back into it about 3 days ago, i jump off and on the game alot.
That pretty much sums it up by playing a lot you reinforce what you've learned but by leaving while your not able to do something properly (not perfect) you have to start over, personally I think unless your going to stay you should just try to focus on the fun aspect rather than Improvement it will come but just obviously slower than you could be improving, still even if your a fast learner like some people on here I still think you need to stick around
Rinku
Your play count is the equivalent to the my monthly average if not lower. (and many other players monthly average) Most likely you play less in a day than it takes for some people to warm up enough to even play well. If you don't put in some serious time to improve you probably will never see significant improvement.
TheVileOne
It's impossible to tell from the videos given. Your earlier play is on a song much more difficult. You seemed to get more 100s but everything about it is more demanding. You'll know if you have improved if you can beat your older scores. Beat songs you previously would fail on.
10crystalmask01
Just play for fun.
Topic Starter
mukyuuhikuu

10crystalmask01 wrote:

Just play for fun.
My sort of fun is seeing myself improve over-time
Soarezi
If you want to see yourself improve, then play a lot more. I started a bit over a year ago.
10crystalmask01

mukyuuhikuu wrote:

10crystalmask01 wrote:

Just play for fun.
And you will. You'll probably not even notice it happening lol.
Vuelo Eluko
improvement is slow but steady, i have way more plays than you but i can barely pass changeling insane dt

aim for cookieziness by 200k

heres some advice tho: 100% dim, and disable map skins they're usually for aesthetics not gameplay

ull ge tthere if you actually play enough, any more than 50 plays a day should be enough to improve steady

Although, my friend pulled well over 3000 plays a month for awhile. and in about a month and a half he passed airman from when he started, so you can "Cram" in this game. i think he was at 5k plays
Dexus
Playing a lot doesn't exactly get you anywhere (me for example). There's more to it than that, but what exactly it is I have no clue (Talent?). Playing too little however really does get you nowhere. For advice I'd just say stick to what is comfortable and don't change it, but don't use something absurd like a micro-area or playing really slow maps.
GoldenWolf

Want to improve? Just play more, and not a few plays over months

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Although, my friend pulled well over 3000 plays a month for awhile. and in about a month and a half he passed airman from when he started, so you can "Cram" in this game. i think he was at 5k plays
Airman isn't hard to pass tho
nooblet

GoldenWolf wrote:

Want to improve? Just play more, and not a few plays over months

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Airman isn't hard to pass tho
It is if you can't read AR10 ;~;
I guess I better better buy some reaction time from Canadian Tire

mukyuuhikuu wrote:

10crystalmask01 wrote:

Just play for fun.
Improvement in this game is a slow process. You won't see a difference with a few days of practice, heck it can feel like you're getting worse as you play sometimes, but when you retry stuff you haven't touched a month later, you'll usually see the difference there.
Mystrian_old

mukyuuhikuu wrote:

Hi there,
Ive been playing osu for quite awhile now,and i've recorded two videos,one from nearly a year ago and one from today,
Id like if i got some opinions on if i got better or not and tips on getting better,i still don't think im good for the fact ive been playing for a couple of years.
10 Months Ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Nom4mhC2g
Today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JtL5D97t8
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post in, first time posting.
Please dont be rude about your opinions. Thanks :D
  1. Make a practice map collection.
  2. Put maps with low ar's and high od's in.
  3. Practice at you newly created collection

nooblet wrote:

heck it can feel like you're getting worse as you play sometimes, but when you retry stuff you haven't touched a month later, you'll usually see the difference there.
Yeah, sometimes when I play my hand that moving my pen gets tense and I break combo.
Vuelo Eluko

nooblet wrote:

It is if you can't read AR10 ;~;
I guess I better better buy some reaction time from Canadian Tire
to be fair, anyone can read ar10 with practice even if they have substantially below average reaction time. it's when you get into like ar11 that some people just aren't biologically predisposed to be able to learn it [aside from basically playing every ar11 map so much it's basically FL when they play it].