show more
buny

Polymelia wrote:

if anyone see's this i got a new computer AND SUPER PUMPED TO TRY OSU IGHT
worth the necro
Granger

Have fun though.
Mythras
Gonna take this chance to ask b1rd who in the blue hell pays for an OS since windows 98
Vuelo Eluko
B1rd

VioletMaid wrote:

Gonna take this chance to ask b1rd who in the blue hell pays for an OS since windows 98
because legitimate OS is easier and smoother.
Mythras

B1rd wrote:

VioletMaid wrote:

because legitimate OS is easier and smoother.
haha ok
Zenarai
Hitting almost all 100s below 600 fps.. No idea how wolf for example records with 240 and still manages to get good score o_o
buny

Zenarai wrote:

Hitting almost all 100s below 600 fps.. No idea how wolf for example records with 240 and still manages to get good score o_o
I'm not sure who told you there was a direct correlation between fps and accuracy...
Noobsicle

Zenarai wrote:

240fps is plenty
AstralPhnx
I run osu on an old pc that was handed down from a friend. After slapping an extra ram chip into it and installing windows 7 it ran like a treat. Osu runs fine on this and this pc is around 7/8 years old! If osu lags on your pc then you must be using something that belongs in a museum.
Full Tablet

buny wrote:

Zenarai wrote:

I'm not sure who told you there was a direct correlation between fps and accuracy...
Having low fps makes it harder to achieve good accuracy, since the lower the fps, the less accurate the game detects the keyboard input. Also, the pointing device latency with low fps makes aiming harder, which can also indirectly make getting good accuracy harder.

The difference between 60fps and 240fps is much more significant than, for example, 240fps and 960fps. It is possible to surpass even the most accurate plays ever done with only 200fps.
buny

Full Tablet wrote:

Having low fps makes it harder to achieve good accuracy, since the lower the fps, the less accurate the game detects the keyboard input. Also, the pointing device latency with low fps makes aiming harder, which can also indirectly make getting good accuracy harder.

The difference between 60fps and 240fps is much more significant than, for example, 240fps and 960fps. It is possible to surpass even the most accurate plays ever done with only 200fps.
just because it's "much more significant" doesn't mean it's a big difference, but you've worded it as if you implied it was.

It's not.
YukinoDesuDesu

Tuxdude143 wrote:

I run osu on an old pc that was handed down from a friend. After slapping an extra ram chip into it and installing windows 7 it ran like a treat. Osu runs fine on this and this pc is around 7/8 years old! If osu lags on your pc then you must be using something that belongs in a museum.
I am sad now...
Granger
Thats subjective.
In your oponion its not a big difference, but from my experience i tend to get a head ace quickly when only playing at 60 fps. My usual max FPS is around 150. I find this difference massive in games like osu!
Noobsicle

Full Tablet wrote:

buny wrote:

he stated that he had trouble with accuracy under 600 fps, it's not like his accuracy would magically become better if his fps was above 600

of course it'd make a massive difference if he meant 60 fps, but then the comment on wolf's records w/240 fps would be invalid
Lach

vsync.png
nooblet
I play on 120 fps just fine :? How can you even tell the difference between 240 and 600 without the number on the bottom?

The guy was most likely just spamming bs, he got banned anyways. Ironically for streaming 300bpm perfectly on OD 9.
YukinoDesuDesu
eh every time i read stuff like this i want to build a fast pc cuz i play with around 30 fps at the moment in Osu! lol :')
but then again i want to save up some money first too x)
Granger

Asiangodx2 wrote:

eh every time i read stuff like this i want to build a fast pc cuz i play with around 30 fps at the moment in Osu! lol :')
but then again i want to save up some money first too x)
I refuse to belive that there PC's that much worse than mine.
YukinoDesuDesu
over 10 year old hardware...