forum

Rework Q+A Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chromb
Hello. As many of you are probably aware, is soon to be a rework to the pp system, which is will (hopefully) shortly start rolling out. During any recalculations, rank calculations may be paused.

THE BASICS:

Remove combo scaling (misses in the middle of a map are worth the same as at the end)
Nerf speed (Only a bit, mostly affects flow aim)
Fix lazer slideracc (Yes lazer scores are now worth a little more pp)

(There's also taiko, catch, and mania changes, but those are mostly small changes unlikely to affect most people)

THE ROLLOUT:

[YES] local osu!lazer calculation
[NO] local osu!stable calculation
[NO] osu!web calculation
[NO] Re-calculation of existing scores (and ranks)

(The proper newspost will likely have a better timeline with lengths and stuff)

THE EVIDENCE:

Deployment Checklist (Github)
(more coming soon?)

THE THREAD:

This is a help thread intended for asking and answering any questions you may have about the reworks, or any overall weirdness with the update.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THE PREVIOUS MESSAGES IN CASE SOMEONE HAS THE SAME QUESTION THAT YOU HAVE.
Topic Starter
chromb
I shall also include this image, hopefully scoreV1ing is dead (for now) but there may be some weirdness. Please report any weirdness in the #general channel in the osu!dev discord server

Illuxz
Hey, will previous non-highest scores on a map be calculated in the upcoming rework? ex. I set a 700combo 98acc 2miss then set a 500combo 99acc 0miss after. (before the infrastructure change to submit all scores)
Topic Starter
chromb

Illuxz wrote:

Hey, will previous non-highest scores on a map be calculated in the upcoming rework? ex. I set a 700combo 98acc 2miss then set a 500combo 99acc 0miss after. (before the infrastructure change to submit all scores)
If the scores no longer exist on the server, they will not be recalculated.