forum

[osu!stable] Extreme lag when I start playing a map.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Problem details: This is a problem that only really started in the last week or so. Whenever I start to play a map, I've started getting extreme lag spikes at the start of playing a map. These spikes sometimes even happen later into a map, although since I'm going for SS's most of the time I usually restart once one happens. I've been playing on this specific laptop for at least a year or two and I've NEVER had it lag spike this bad, if at all, until now, and I don't understand why it's doing this.

I can tell you it's almost always at the start, and it's bad enough that it can cause a half-second of the screen freezing, which at any level is basically instantly killing your combo. I've also seen it be very choppy as far as the framerate goes prior to any spikes.

I don't know if spectating me play will show it to you, but I might try to upload a video if it'll show it there.

osu! version: Stable 20241001 (latest)
Blushing
Get a screenshot or video of the lag with the debugger active (ctrl+f11) and we will take a look at that, otherwise:

Have you checked the performance troubleshooting wiki to see if it helps at all?

Make sure that you have nothing but osu! open and running.

wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting