forum

[osu!stable] osu crashes on notch hell

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
seifuku
Problem details: i started practicing notch hell by hollow wings and i created the practice difficulty for the section with fast sliders in the middle of the map. when i retry the loading is very very long (about 15 seconds) and after a couple of retries osu just crashes and says "pc out of memory" (i have 32gb of ddr5 memory) it doesnt seem to happen with other maps
and my editor just goes 1 fps slideshow on this map

osu! version: Stable 20241001 (latest)
chromb
this is possibly caused by the storyboard, try disabling it.
Topic Starter
seifuku

chromb wrote:

this is possibly caused by the storyboard, try disabling it.
i always have the "disable storyboard" option if thats what you mean. but the error i get is "error storyboarding map" idk what to do it just breaks my game
Blushing
Just making sure, but does this crash happen if you have the default skin selected?

Does disabling videos help any?
Topic Starter
seifuku

Blushing wrote:

Just making sure, but does this crash happen if you have the default skin selected?

yes this happens with the default skin too, and i dont play with very fancy skins anyway

i always play with disabled videos, storyboards or any kind of effects
Blushing

seifuku wrote:

Blushing wrote:

yes this happens with the default skin too, and i dont play with very fancy skins anyway

Can you link the map in question for testing?
Topic Starter
seifuku

Blushing wrote:

seifuku wrote:

Blushing wrote:

Can you link the map in question for testing?
beatmapsets/437683#osu/94235
Blushing
Can you purposefully get a crash of the game on by doing what you normally do to get it to crash then follow the steps below and post the crash log into here for us to view?

Please use the wiki link below to locate the crash log. Once you have located the crash log, please copy and paste its content into this thread here so we can take a look at it and see what is going wrong.
wiki/en/Help_Centre#event-viewer